Wheels and Tires Discussion about wheels and tires for the S2000.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Camber Degree Display

Old 04-25-2011, 02:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im just not willing to change tires every 1,000 miles
HOw many miles u say u have driven in 4 months
Old 04-25-2011, 02:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by it'S2klean
Hmmm that looks slightly less agresive than -3.5

I just dont know if i have the kind of budget to be changing tires every 1,000 miles...
Actually, I drive a lot so within that 4 months I probably put over 7k mile on the tires.
still isn't good but better than 1000 you mention. Lol
Old 04-25-2011, 02:23 PM

U got a picture like this so i can get a feeling from -3 to -3.5
Ill probably get -3.3 if you say minute changes dont matter that may give me an extra hundred miles huh?
http://i784.photobucket.com/albums/y...0/DSC_3073.jpg
Old 04-25-2011, 05:53 PM

the thing about camber that you have to remember is that really anything over like 2 degrees is excessive, and the only reason you would get more is to fit more aggressive wheels. so what im trying to say is you dont necessarily "choose" the amount of camber you want, it kind of chooses you. basically what you want you to do is get the least amount of camber you can without your tires rubbing. having a lot of camber an having the wheels sunk in for no reason looks pretty dumb imho. and for the issue of tire wear, toe is a bigger factor than camber. if you have 3 degrees or less and 0 toe your tire wear will not be that bad, i get like 15000 miles out of mine. i hope this is not confusing!
Old 04-25-2011, 07:04 PM

eh...im fimilar with the camber thing, but not the toe. And im really not looking at camber to fit aggressive wheels, i really like the look. I really want my car to look like this, but i think its a little to much, so i will most likely try to get mine looking like "hrpfg2" What is your suggestion on my "toe" and how do i go about that to get this kind of stance. Will increasing / decreasing the toe give more or less life to the tire? And how does it effect the look? I appreciate it guys.

I realize this is pretty aggresive, but i like it. Im getting Work Meisters and only have Eibach Springs as of right now so i have plenty of wheel gap, but in the future i geuss it will be choosing me when i drop it. I just really like the stance... Since you said, it kind of chooses me and from the look of the picture he's got a pretty serious offset, any idea of what those specs may be?

If my qeust for the right stance is this complicated, when i get my drop, probably not for another 6 months or so, it will be even worse.
Once again, so much appreicated

[Name:  cambershot.jpg
Views: 17199
Size:  99.5 KB
Old 04-25-2011, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by it'S2klean
eh...im fimilar with the camber thing, but not the toe. And im really not looking at camber to fit aggressive wheels, i really like the look. I really want my car to look like this, but i think its a little to much, so i will most likely try to get mine looking like "hrpfg2" What is your suggestion on my "toe" and how do i go about that to get this kind of stance. Will increasing / decreasing the toe give more or less life to the tire? And how does it effect the look? I appreciate it guys.

I realize this is pretty aggresive, but i like it. Im getting Work Meisters and only have Eibach Springs as of right now so i have plenty of wheel gap, but in the future i geuss it will be choosing me when i drop it. I just really like the stance... Since you said, it kind of chooses me and from the look of the picture he's got a pretty serious offset, any idea of what those specs may be?

If my qeust for the right stance is this complicated, when i get my drop, probably not for another 6 months or so, it will be even worse.
Once again, so much appreicated

[
As far as toe. Im pretty sure it should be at "0". Toes should be done while you get an alignment along with caster and camber.
you should only camber to fit aggressive wheels other wise it won't look right,its not going to look like pictures above . Mine is set like that because my rear is +37 offset. I really want to go with less camber but my wheels won't let.

If I have to guess what spec that those wheels has... offset in the +20s at the most and at less 10inch wide wheels.
Old 04-25-2011, 07:30 PM

i remember seeing that car pop up in the gallery a while go. yes, like you said thats a very aggressive stance. i have no idea what the specs are but to give you an idea its probably something like 9.5 +15 or something around there with probably like 7 degrees camber.

with the concept of toe, im not sure if you know what it is, but its basically how straight the wheels point either inward towards the car or out away from the car. its kind of hard to explain. anyway, toe is measured in small increments and really isnt noticeable. if you are tracking the car a slight amount of toe (like 1/16) is usually applied to optimize handling, however for best tire wear, you want 0 (all tires pointing perfectly straight). if you have any more than a little bit of toe, your tires will wear significantly, but luckily toe is completely adjustable on our cars just like camber. if you have ever lowered a car even a little and not gotten an alignment, you will notice much faster tire wear, this is because when a car is lowered, the wheels naturally tilt inward (increased toe), and if left unadjusted, your tires wont last long.

in order to get a stance like the car above, you need wheels with the spec's in the neighborhood of what i listed above, stretch a 225 tire on the wheels, lower the car about 3.5 inches, roll all fenders flat, relocate the bumper tabs and get about 7 degrees camber dialed in.

btw good choice on wheels! i love meisters. i have a set of work wheels myself that im going to be refinishing in the next month. here they are:

Name:  DSC_3077.jpg
Views: 4278
Size:  184.5 KB
Old 04-25-2011, 07:31 PM

you dont want this...

Name:  P1022099.jpg
Views: 4747
Size:  93.1 KB
Old 04-25-2011, 07:38 PM

haha yeah thats what i was trying to explain. only get camber if you need it. that car looks like its got a back seat full of sumo wrestlers
Old 04-25-2011, 07:41 PM

I found these... don't know if this helps at all..

Name:  IMG_9877.png
Views: 4362
Size:  720.0 KB
Name:  IMG_9763.png
Views: 4301
Size:  580.4 KB

Quick Reply: Camber Degree Display