Wheels and Tires Discussion about wheels and tires for the S2000.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Widest Wheel+Tire Setup W/out...

Old 03-27-2013, 02:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BTW guys, sorry for whoring the thread with the way I approach problems.
Old 03-27-2013, 03:43 PM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

Truthfully, trial and error is how you figure out which setups will likely work vs. which ones likely won't. The more you try/see/run, the easier time you have of just thinking about the setup and comparing it to something you've done before.
Old 03-27-2013, 05:32 PM
Community Organizer

Received 554 Likes on 506 Posts

Originally Posted by Dreaming_S2k
Truthfully, trial and error is how you figure out which setups will likely work vs. which ones likely won't. The more you try/see/run, the easier time you have of just thinking about the setup and comparing it to something you've done before.
This is very true, god knows trial and error has been much a part of the process for me on this car along with hard discovered data. They both have their necessary and valid place.
Old 03-27-2013, 05:47 PM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by ForTheLoveOfNA
Well that's fine, but I'm starting to feel like your over thinking this a bit. Lets get back to the basic goal of yours here so something good can come to fruition on the efforts to this point. What is it you are really wanting to achieve wheel/tire wise on this car? I mean, as far as standard rolled OEM fenders, I'm confident I found the max size because I have already gone through all the work, the process of trial and error and hard data, so we know what that fitment is. If your wanting to step into a different level of after market or modified OEM fenders then we can further analyze this, and being what I have done to this point with my set up I feel pretty confident I can give some pretty accurate data on fitment for that avenue as well, but of course there will be a new set of variables i cannot account for. If looking for solid documentation on this, its not surprising there isn't any, but if compiling and recording that yourself, with a big start coming from the info in this thread, I'm sure many would find it valuable on this website.
Old 03-27-2013, 06:09 PM
Site Moderator
Super Moderator

Received 356 Likes on 309 Posts

Do you own an s2000? Then go out and get the measurements you are asking for and post them in comparison to tire measurements. Sorry but it sounds like you want is for others to do the work for you and then just have a simple DIY for this that you can follow. Sorry to sound harsh but you have gotten plenty of information to give you more than an excellent starting place but you keep asking for more. It's your car (if you own one) go out jack it up and measure it.
Old 03-27-2013, 06:15 PM

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

cant wait to see more pics splitfirecwp!
You got the exact set up I want but didnt want to do over fenders! And i refused to use a small tire on concave te37s! I got 255s waiting for wheels right now
Old 03-27-2013, 06:27 PM

^^^True that. I too do want to see me pics of ur S. How much did u pull... pry u fenders?
Old 03-27-2013, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Manga_Spawn
Do you own an s2000? Then go out and get the measurements you are asking for and post them in comparison to tire measurements. Sorry but it sounds like you want is for others to do the work for you and then just have a simple DIY for this that you can follow. Sorry to sound harsh but you have gotten plenty of information to give you more than an excellent starting place but you keep asking for more. It's your car (if you own one) go out jack it up and measure it.
No, not harsh at all Manga. You speak you mind, and I respect that. It is reasonable to have you feel that way. However, if u think about it, the most DIY is already on this forum; what fits and what not. If you go back to the previous post, you can see we are talking about why fit and why not. I do have a s2k. That said, I guess reinventing the wheel is a necessity.

Here is why I want the data. Check out the following pic:

1st, reorient the acute triangle so that the bottom long edge align with plane E. Let A but the pivot of the A arm (upper for front/ lower for rear); B be the outer edge of a tire; C but the inner edge of a fender (stock/rolled/pulled).

AB is the A arm pivot point to the outer edge of a tire; AC is the A arm pivot point to the inner edge of a fender; BC is the distant the outer edge of the tire travel. Assuming the suspension shares the degree of tilt with BC, then BC also is the compression of travel of the suspension.

This is a overly simplified model, but you got the idea. With this, we can always know whether a wheel would rub or not. This is why I have been asking for so much. I do feel like I have to apologize for not clarifying early on.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by s2000Junky
Originally Posted by ForTheLoveOfNA' timestamp='1364424721' post='22433170
Well that's fine, but I'm starting to feel like your over thinking this a bit. Lets get back to the basic goal of yours here so something good can come to fruition on the efforts to this point. What is it you are really wanting to achieve wheel/tire wise on this car? I mean, as far as standard rolled OEM fenders, I'm confident I found the max size because I have already gone through all the work, the process of trial and error and hard data, so we know what that fitment is. If your wanting to step into a different level of after market or modified OEM fenders then we can further analyze this, and being what I have done to this point with my set up I feel pretty confident I can give some pretty accurate data on fitment for that avenue as well, but of course there will be a new set of variables i cannot account for. If looking for solid documentation on this, its not surprising there isn't any, but if compiling and recording that yourself, with a big start coming from the info in this thread, I'm sure many would find it valuable on this website.
You are right. I do have a tendency to over analyze things. I am pretty sure Honda has everything we need, but I just can't find them. May be I should pay a visit to the dealership.
To be honest, I think what you have achieved on the s2000 is amazing in its own right. Not to mention the amount of work and thoughts u put into ur S.

Also, I found something very interesting on this thread by SpitfireS.
Old 03-27-2013, 11:46 PM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by ForTheLoveOfNA
Originally Posted by s2000Junky' timestamp='1364435228' post='22433549
[quote name='ForTheLoveOfNA' timestamp='1364424721' post='22433170']
You are right. I do have a tendency to over analyze things. I am pretty sure Honda has everything we need, but I just can't find them. May be I should pay a visit to the dealership.
To be honest, I think what you have achieved on the s2000 is amazing in its own right. Not to mention the amount of work and thoughts u put into ur S.

Also, I found something very interesting on this thread by SpitfireS.
[/quote]

Thanks Passion can carry you far, the wallet cant always keep up, but sometimes that in itself sparks the creativity needed money alone cant achieve.

Enjoyed the info in the link.

Quick Reply: The Widest Wheel+Tire Setup W/out...