Wheels and Tires Discussion about wheels and tires for the S2000.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Widest Wheel+Tire Setup W/out...

Old 03-25-2013, 01:11 PM
Site Moderator
Super Moderator

Received 356 Likes on 309 Posts

^Pretty sure this is as wide as you will get on the stock fenders. The sky is the limit if you go custom at a body shop as spitfire has discussed.
Old 03-25-2013, 03:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is my old set up 18x9.5+22 255/35 zero camber in it No poke. sorry that I don't have better pics of it right now but like I said I will post some when I get some. When I stated that that they were at the body shop; all they did was touched up the paint I did all the pull with a fender roller very carefully. I did not buckle the fender at all I just took my time with it. I will admit that I was a lil more daring the. Most at the time since my car was at the shop I knew if I messed it up they could fix it. But really anyone can pull them with minimal damage if done properly.
Attached Thumbnails The Widest Wheel+Tire Setup W/out...-image.jpg   The Widest Wheel+Tire Setup W/out...-image.jpg  
Old 03-25-2013, 03:58 PM
Site Moderator
Super Moderator

I think you got very very lucky. I know that it is very easy to buckle the fender and I spent a long time with roller and heat gun. Was the inner brace cut in any way? I have read that that can allow you to push the fender out more without buckling. I guess if I didn't worry to much about chipped or cracked paint I could get more out of mine but I feel like any further and the fender will buckle.
Old 03-25-2013, 11:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by spitfirecwp
This is my old set up 18x9.5+22 255/35 zero camber in it No poke. sorry that I don't have better pics of it right now but like I said I will post some when I get some. When I stated that that they were at the body shop; all they did was touched up the paint I did all the pull with a fender roller very carefully. I did not buckle the fender at all I just took my time with it. I will admit that I was a lil more daring the. Most at the time since my car was at the shop I knew if I messed it up they could fix it. But really anyone can pull them with minimal damage if done properly.
yeah, more pics would be great! It's even better if you would try fitting 325 under like s2000Junky said. Although 295 sounds pretty sweet, but man, 325!
Old 03-26-2013, 12:04 AM
Community Organizer

Received 554 Likes on 506 Posts

Originally Posted by ForTheLoveOfNA
Originally Posted by spitfirecwp' timestamp='1364255421' post='22428034
yeah, more pics would be great! It's even better if you would try fitting 325 under like s2000Junky said. Although 295 sounds pretty sweet, but man, 325!
Your welcome
Old 03-26-2013, 05:15 AM

Don't get me wrong I wouldn't mind having a really wide tire out back but I need good traction that's why I went with a 275/40 on my new setup.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:55 AM
Site Moderator
Super Moderator

^That statement makes no sense.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:10 AM
Community Organizer

Received 554 Likes on 506 Posts

I think I need to extract myself from this thread before I lower my IQ points any further. Its threads like this that make me to start to question why Indeed I spend time to share info to those that aren’t even on the same page, or apparently give a shit, after they ask for the info. I sort of sensed that initially, but got sucked in. My mistake.

Custom work, means you figure it out yourself. That’s the nature of CUSTOM.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:20 AM

Received 177 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by s2000Junky
I think I need to extract myself from this thread before I lower my IQ points any further. Its threads like this that make me to start to question why Indeed I spend time to share info to those that aren’t even on the same page, or apparently give a shit, after they ask for the info. I sort of sensed that initially, but got sucked in. My mistake.

Custom work, means you figure it out yourself. That’s the nature of CUSTOM.
Thanks for sharing your work, many of us appreciate it. Perhaps if/when I get to the stage where I'm looking into aftermarket wheels I'll revisit this issue, but I think this is an interesting thread regardless. Clearing the fender is one measurement, but the difficult part is measuring suspension travel (to make sure there's no rubbing on the inside), and any rubbing when running lock to lock in the front. It seems like the only way to be sure a wheel/tire setup will fit is manually doing all the measurements and calculating things on your own. There are just too many variables that play a large role in whether something rubs or not.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:58 AM

When I state I want a smaller tire then a 300+ mm tire for traction purposes is because it takes more to heat that wide if a tire. Yes I do understand that a wider surface can equal more traction, however, I don't feel for my setup that I want the extra weight or heating time for that big if a tire. Currently I am at 447 whp and I plan on hitting mid to high 500's this summer I don't need something that wide. I have done a ton of research and done a ton of experimenting on my own car to know what I am doing is correct. I have never done anything half assed on my car so far so I wouldn't do it now either. Everyone has their own preference and ideas what a car should be mine is to keep it as practice and as fast as I can make it. Putting a tire that wide on their would take away from both of my objectives. That is why I did not go that route. I did consider it though.

Quick Reply: The Widest Wheel+Tire Setup W/out...