Wheels and Tires Discussion about wheels and tires for the S2000.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wheels poking out

Old 07-29-2014, 09:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheels poking out

Hey everyone, recently purchased s2000 AP1 last month, and recently bought a new pair of wheels Work Stitch, and changed them over from the stock wheels. The wheels are 18x9 and 18x10 +39 offset. However, they poke out from the guard and in melbourne that pretty much considered a defect. I've been trying to research on the topic on how to reduce the poke, however gotten answer pretty much lowering car or camber kit.

So my question is, is lowering the car going to tuck the wheels back into the guard? Quite confused on this subject, or will only a camber kit help tuck the wheel back in? It's for both the front and rear.

Here are some pictures ..

Thanks a lot in advance
Old 07-29-2014, 09:16 PM

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

You'd have to run some extreme camber and flare the arches for those. Try posting in the wheels and tires forum. Magnaspawn is a great help with fitment issues / recommendations
Old 07-29-2014, 09:16 PM

Hello, if you put a thinner tire it wouldn't look so mexiflush...but then with smaller tires your will need to drop it pretty low... and welcome to the hellaflush world... you will get looks of thumbs up for people in that world; and thumbs down from all the track freaks and function bla bla bla etc etc.
Old 07-29-2014, 09:25 PM

Did you look into offsets, tire sizes before you decided to buy the wheels? Or did you get them because you liked them prior to understanding proper wheel and tire fitment? I'm not bashing, it's a genuine question. Looks like you're gonna have to do quite a bit of work to fit those wheels. I'm not the greatest with wheel and tire fitment either but from what I've gathered looks like you're gonna need to roll and pull your fenders plus negative camber. If not get wider front fenders and over fenders for the rear. Also, knowing the tire size will help too.
Old 07-29-2014, 10:03 PM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 226 Likes on 143 Posts

Get new wheels. These clearly don't fit.
Old 07-29-2014, 10:54 PM
Community Organizer

Received 554 Likes on 506 Posts

You got the wrong offset in these widths for the car. The only thing you can really do to help some of the protrusion, is roll the fenders all around if this hasn't been done already, and then run more negative camber. The wheels will camber in if you lower it, yes. But you will still likely need to adjust them more negative from there based on what I'm seeing. will have more negative camber adjustment with the stock equipment if its lowered. You may or may not get there at current height. Good luck!
Old 07-30-2014, 04:19 AM

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

Sell them. You got the old maid. 17x9 +45-60 are great offsets. Those will tear your car apart
Old 07-30-2014, 04:27 AM

Ahh, sweet thanks guy, i'll probably sell them,
the guys selling them insisted they will fit and such, went onto fitment website, and said it would fit, but didn't realise it would poke out

But thanks again for your input
Old 07-30-2014, 04:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rakira
Ahh, sweet thanks guy, i'll probably sell them,
the guys selling them insisted they will fit and such, went onto fitment website, and said it would fit, but didn't realise it would poke out

But thanks again for your input
Good luck on the sell, and better luck next time.

Keep in mind most auto-stores online just want to make a sale. Sure they'll "fit", but that doesn't mean that they'll fit well, or how they should.

Same thing happened to my dad a couple years ago when he got rims for his 88 Fox Body. They said the rims/tires would fit, but he got inner-fender rubbing on sharp turns after installing them.
Old 07-30-2014, 09:16 AM
Site Moderator
Super Moderator

Received 356 Likes on 309 Posts

Next time don't trust the person selling the wheels do your own research. That's an expensive lesson.

Quick Reply: Wheels poking out