Wheels and Tires Discussion about wheels and tires for the S2000.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wheel of Choice???

Old 03-11-2002, 03:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel of Choice???

Is it just me or are the majority of Rims purchased by S2K'ers the VolkRacing ( ce28n, se37 and the Le37), the OZ Superlegga, and the SSR series???

Is there any particulary reasons why only a select few have chosen other manufactures such as Enkei, Niche, Momo, RacingHart? Do they not make a good fit for the S2K's? The reason why I'm asking is these manufactures I have mentioned make some really nice rims which is why I'm puzzled as to the extremely limited number seen on the S2K's in this forum? I'm thinking about purchasing from one of these manufactures but I seriously take into consideration the views expressed by this forum and since I haven't heard much about these rims on S2K's, I'm hesitatiting. Can you Rim experts please provide some insight???

Thanks,
Old 03-11-2002, 03:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In my opinion I want to have a wheel package unlike everyone else in the crowd. Those other mfg. are too far and many out on the road. Exclusivity/price/design are factors in choosing a wheel package.

Tan
Old 03-11-2002, 03:46 PM

I have a set of spoon's which I only use at the track. I have the stock ones for the street -- I think they look great.
Old 03-11-2002, 05:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Other wheel manufactures either don't make wheels with the correct offsets, too expensive, ugly, or too heavy. Manufactures named above are good wheels for the price and availability.
My 0.02 cents.
Old 03-11-2002, 10:21 PM

What are you talking about???
There are tonnes of wheels that "Fit" our car fine...

Go out and purchase a book called "Hyper Rev", the S2000 issue...and you will see literally dozens of wheels not mention before in this forum..
And they got pictures of all the different wheels put on a same car...so you can make the comparisons easily!

I'd scan the whole lot for you guys...alas...copyright laws...
Old 03-12-2002, 06:37 AM

Originally posted by KIDS2000

Go out and purchase a book called "Hyper Rev", the S2000 issue...and you will see literally dozens of wheels not mention before in this forum..
And they got pictures of all the different wheels put on a same car...so you can make the comparisons easily!

Where can I buy this book from? Can I order it online?

Thanks,
Old 03-12-2002, 07:01 AM

I don't know. I checked with a local shop that can basically order any wheel and I had a hard time finding RH evos (S7's) with the correct offsets. I am using the offsets provided from the FAQ's. I was planning on buying 18's. If you happen to know something else feel free to PM me because my first choice are RH evos.

Will
Old 03-12-2002, 10:25 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by wlfsmith
[B]

I don't know.
Old 03-12-2002, 10:29 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by S2000_rider
[B]

Where can I buy this book from?
Old 03-12-2002, 11:06 AM

There is no "correct" offset... It's all a matter of personal preferences...
Tell us the size/offset of the RH Evos, and the tire sizes you plan to run and some of us might be able to give clues as to how they will look on your car....
Sure if you're just interested in looks and don't mind gutting the performance of the car you've got a large selection to choose from. But if you want wheels that under high performance loads will not rub the fenders, you've got a very small list to choose from.

There may not be an exactly correct offset, but there is an acceptable range. The S2000 requires wheels with unique offsets and if you go outside that range you're risking wheels that will rub.

Quick Reply: Wheel of Choice???