Wheels and Tires Discussion about wheels and tires for the S2000.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What tires are you using?

Old 05-23-2013 | 11:01 AM

Default What tires are you using?

Hi all,

I am in the process of replacing my rear tires in the size, 265/35/18 and wonders what people are using these days.

Since I drive quite a bit daily, I decided to go with a bang for the buck set so I picked yoko envigors. Unfortunately, I was only able to put 14000km on it with minor camber wear which the rear hops in the rain (especially on the concrete 407). I don't drive my s2 hard and don't have a heavy foot but still have shitty mileage.

I'm thinking of trying the following instead of going back to the envigor.
Conti extremeContact dws
Michelin pilot sport a/s plus
General g-max as-03

Eric
Old 05-23-2013 | 09:43 PM

I suggest you to go for general because these tires are reliable and long lasting a very good grip on the road but the final decision will be yours. I always put the general tires in my vehicle.
Old 05-24-2013 | 07:08 AM

Ive had both the Conti DWS and Michelin pilot sports. I like the Michelins better than the DWS. I now have Michelin pilot super sports, which I love! Theyre pricey but well worth it IMO
Old 05-25-2013 | 04:56 PM

Pilot Super Sports here... absolutely thrilled with them.
Old 05-25-2013 | 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by giligoulu
Hi all,

I am in the process of replacing my rear tires in the size, 265/35/18 and wonders what people are using these days.

Since I drive quite a bit daily, I decided to go with a bang for the buck set so I picked yoko envigors. Unfortunately, I was only able to put 14000km on it with minor camber wear which the rear hops in the rain (especially on the concrete 407). I don't drive my s2 hard and don't have a heavy foot but still have shitty mileage.

I'm thinking of trying the following instead of going back to the envigor.
Conti extremeContact dws
Michelin pilot sport a/s plus
General g-max as-03

Eric
I havent driven on the PS a/s+ or the DWS but Ive driven on both the Avid Envigor and the g-max as-03. I would go with the general g-max hands down over the others, the carcass is much more rigid than the others so it feels much more like a summer tire, especially compared to the Envigor. The Conti DW has a very soft carcass and sidewalls and Im guessing the DWS is even worse since its an all season. The general also happens to be the cheapest Why such a wide and tallish rear tire? what wheel sizes are you using?

Originally Posted by deepbluejh
Pilot Super Sports here... absolutely thrilled with them.
I think he's looking exclusively at all seasons
Old 05-25-2013 | 08:51 PM

Federal 595 RS-R's all around..

The car handles so much better than before.. I feel so much more confident during spirited driving, and they lasted quite a while..

Had them on for about a year and a half now.. And just getting down to the tread bars on the inside.. Flipped them when I got my 595 RS-R's for the front around Christmas.. And the inside is still looking pretty good, if I just cruise from here on our they'd last until December..

My car isn't a daily driver, but I drive it as much as I can..
Old 05-26-2013 | 06:20 PM

Neova Ad08's. great dry traction and road/steering feel.
Old 05-27-2013 | 07:06 AM

Daily driven in Toronto Canada, he's not looking at Max or Extreme Performance tires, guys!

We just got 225/45-17 General GMax AS-03s on 7.5" wheels for the wife's '05 Mazda3. Car handles GREAT.
But for snow, Conti DWS is probably better.
Old 05-27-2013 | 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by ZDan
Daily driven in Toronto Canada, he's not looking at Max or Extreme Performance tires, guys!

We just got 225/45-17 General GMax AS-03s on 7.5" wheels for the wife's '05 Mazda3. Car handles GREAT.
But for snow, Conti DWS is probably better.
Unless he has a second set wheels with winter tires
Old 05-27-2013 | 01:27 PM

I have a set of DWS's on AP1 wheels for the winter and I have been very happy with them as a DD set. They're great in the rain and don't hydroplane easily and I even drove them through some light snow one day and they had better traction than I expected as long as I was light on the throttle.

Quick Reply: What tires are you using?