Wheels and Tires Discussion about wheels and tires for the S2000.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

trying to go flush.. with a lil bit some low offset :)

Old 06-27-2011, 11:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trying to go flush.. with a lil bit some low offset :)

im looking to have a flush set up on my car, so here the deal, i have a set of gramlights, the car is on 2" drop with coilover, the wheels specs are; 17x8.5 all the way 30+ front and +22 rear, now could i run 215/45/17 in the front and 225/45/17 in rear and wuld the be enough of a strech where i wouldnt have to run that much camber and just do some fender moddifications... now b4 i get someone saying you still need to run camber, i know i do, im just not looking to run -5 degrees worth of camber... so any insight from you guys running crazzy offsets would be helpfull
Old 06-27-2011, 11:42 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This site turned into f@#king Honda Tech...I don't even know why I go into the Wheel and Tire forums anymore...

(Good luck fitting those and enjoy the shitty handling)
Old 06-27-2011, 11:47 AM

by you posting something like you are proving yourself correct, dont bash other people man, if you dont like what you see keep it to yourself, dont judge others man, this is my car and i'll do with it what i want... heck if want to putt 22" spinners on it i will its mine not yours... so do yourself and eberyone else a favor and try to be civil and mature about things man. good day to you sir.
Old 06-27-2011, 12:44 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ok, sorry didn't mean to sound so harsh...but this car is best known for it's handling more than anything else. Adding stretched tires takes away from that.

Changing to that wheel setup pushes the outside edge of the wheel (compared to stock) 44 mm out toward the edge of the fender. I had a 17x9 +45 up front with a 235 tire and there was no way to make it work without pulling the fender slightly. And that wheel was pushed out 35 mm compared to stock. So yours is going to be pushed out 9 more mm. But it is not the edge of the wheel that determines rubbing, it's the offset. Both of those offsets are a good 10-20 mm too aggressive.

Like you said though, it is your car and you can do what you want. Are you looking to be "flush" or do you like the look of low offset wheels. Because you know you can still achieve a flush look with the right offsets. For example, on the rear, if you ran a 10" wheel with a 55 offset. The outer edge of the wheel would still be flush/extend past the fender, but you could put a 265 tire on and not worry about rubbing.
Old 06-27-2011, 03:47 PM

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by clarkster009
This site turned into f@#king Honda Tech...I don't even know why I go into the Wheel and Tire forums anymore...

(Good luck fitting those and enjoy the shitty handling)
this.

The real question is why? Why would you even do something like this to a perfectly good car?

Bible verse [taken completely out of context, but] proves explicitly the point:

1 Corinthians 10
23 “I have the right to do anything,” you say—but not everything is beneficial. “I have the right to do anything”—but not everything is constructive.

There is no constructive nor beneficial reason to put wheels with anywhere near that spec on the S.

You have the right to do anything you want, yes. By the same right, I can call you a moron. Good day, sir.
Old 06-28-2011, 02:55 AM

you guys shouldn't clown on honda tech. Yes it's more of a candy coated crowd which sometimes even transforms over towards rice. But you can't deny inspiration from the brailant minds there that have modded everything from scratch on these Japanese vehicles that we all drive & love. On the topic, I'll agree with yalls. I nevered caught on to nor liked the "hella flush" scene.. I even dare say its borderline rice...
Old 06-28-2011, 04:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok, first off, haters 'gone' hate. Secondly, those specs can be made to fit without crazy camber. Those specs arnt honestly too, too crazy. 255 is a very beefy tire on an J8.5 and will bulge not stretch on the wheel. If you ran a 245 you could get away with a solid fender roll an 3-3.5* of camber. Not crazy and will still handle well. However if you want lower offset and not much camber, you either need fenders: downforce +30mm fenders front and rear over fenders or do custom work to the fenders or..... run no lower than J9 +35 or +38. Then you can get away with fender rolling and small camber.
Good luck on the wheels mate. Oh don't forget you will need to cut the rear bumper and relocate the bumper tab too.
Old 06-28-2011, 04:26 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

You can achieve actual "flush" with a 45mm offset. Much lower than that and you'll get "rice".