Wheels and Tires Discussion about wheels and tires for the S2000.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Which Style would best suit my car?
CCW LM20
15.79%
CCW LM5
0%
Nessen Forged s7.1
10.53%
Nessen Forged s5.0
5.26%
Adv.1 6ts
5.26%
Adv.1 8ts
0%
Keep the te37's even though their not as wide as I would like
63.16%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Which Style would best suit my car?

Old 02-24-2012, 11:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Style would best suit my car?

Hey guys,

Lately I've been thinking about doing a new wheel setup just because I dont feel like im getting the most potential outa my widebody with my current wheel specs.
I dont really like that im running a spacer on the rear I feel like im kinda cheating myself when I could be running a wider rim. So Im coming to you guys for some opinions.

I'm usually extremly decisive on exactly what I want for my car but this time I honestly just cant deciede so I figured I might as well gather some opinions. So here's what I have that play's into deciding.

In my opinion my current setup makes my car look sporty/functional. I feel like my car gives off a very functional appeal to it. Maybe Im wrong but I really want to keep/aim for that look.

The volks would be perfect if they were wider but for the sizes im looking to achieve not really to possible without hacking the wheels up and turning them into a whole nother wheel really.

I have a few wheels choices in mind all will supply the sizing I want/need to achieve the aggresiveness im looking for. Im between rims with a lip and rims that are concave. Im affraid if I go with HUGE lips it might look cool but itll lose the sportiness. But If I go concave it wont really hold that "WOW" factor.

The sizing I will be going is * Tire sizes will be chosen to give the same look I have now.

Front: 18x11 - 18x11.5
Rear: 18x13 - 18x13.5

The entire rim regardless of choice will most likely be coated Matte black (which Ideally is to preserve that look im aiming for)

So here are the choices - place a vote and if you wanna give a reason why below or have second thoughts a diffrent rim etc. give me your opinion.

Again as always thanks guys!

Here's my current setup

And Here's the choice's

1. The infamous ccw lm20

2. ccw lm5

3. Nessen Forged s7.1

4. Nessen Forged s5.0

5. Adv.1 6ts

6. Adv.1 8ts
Old 02-24-2012, 01:01 PM

I love concave. And I love te37's. Keep the TE's.

I guess if I had to pick out of the bunch, id say the lm20s... but eh.

Oh, and concave wheels look 10x better on a widebody s2000 then wheels with lip. Keep that in mind.
Old 02-25-2012, 12:53 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

i think the ccw's lm 20's will be the best look but i got a question for your rears! is that a pull or over fender? i cant really tell hahaha i would love to do what you did!
Old 02-25-2012, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by s2cho
i think the ccw's lm 20's will be the best look but i got a question for your rears! is that a pull or over fender? i cant really tell hahaha i would love to do what you did!

Its a custom metal widebody the front are always extremely wider to but the rear bumper an front fenders were made to look oem.

If you click my build thread and read through it itll show somewhat step by step what they did.
Old 02-25-2012, 01:25 PM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

i agree that if you want to stick to the sporty/functional look stay away from the webspoke/deep dish wheels, it's going in a completely different direction. i think either of the adv.1 would be solid choices and maybe even the nessen s5.0.
if you want a little more wow factor you might consider powder coating the wheels to match the roll bar.
Old 02-25-2012, 05:13 PM

I would definitely keep those TE's... your car looks perfect as is.
Old 02-26-2012, 12:23 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

LM20s are pretty awesome, but your car is damn sexy already... Not sure if I'd change it or not if it was me.
Old 02-26-2012, 01:56 PM

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Wow your car is so sex, my new desktop.
Old 02-26-2012, 06:27 PM

whats your current wheels sizes tire sizes?

the te's look great and is one of the most sought after wheels this is. the lm20 is neat to theres another car tho in like that same color that has those in full matte black. i havent seen really one like yours with the te's in the matte black with your body style color combination so id stick with what you got. plus what kind of power are you making bc if your have some really huge butt wide wheels its just that you will loose performance w/o enuff power to go with it.

oops edit
now that i saw your build thread dude wtf dont touch those te's they are allready 10.5 inchs wide!!!!! your not gonna get a wider tire unless you change your offset and then you wont have that look that i think you want. keep what you got it looks good dont doubt yourself.
Old 02-26-2012, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by ImagineIt
whats your current wheels sizes tire sizes?

the te's look great and is one of the most sought after wheels this is. the lm20 is neat to theres another car tho in like that same color that has those in full matte black. i havent seen really one like yours with the te's in the matte black with your body style color combination so id stick with what you got. plus what kind of power are you making bc if your have some really huge butt wide wheels its just that you will loose performance w/o enuff power to go with it.

oops edit
now that i saw your build thread dude wtf dont touch those te's they are allready 10.5 inchs wide!!!!! your not gonna get a wider tire unless you change your offset and then you wont have that look that i think you want. keep what you got it looks good dont doubt yourself.

I can fit a 18x13.5 with a 345/30 on it

Car made 610 on the dyno with a few problems this summer it should crack over 700+

Quick Reply: Which Style would best suit my car?