Wheels and Tires Discussion about wheels and tires for the S2000.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

small rant about a good tire

Old 04-14-2013, 04:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default small rant about a good tire

just wanted to let everyone know from my experience hankook v12's are a really awesome tire. I notice a lot of people post on here what tire should i get and the responses are usually the same a extreme summer performance tire. well those of you on a budget the hankook v12 is an awesome tire. i have had them on my car for about 10000 mi now i went to the drag strip for the first time today and ran a 12.4 first try I hooked up just fine i am at just over 400 at the wheel so take it for what you want but it is a great tire. rant over.
Old 04-14-2013, 07:40 PM
Community Organizer

Received 554 Likes on 506 Posts

Here's my rant. The fact is they are thin sidewalls and in my opinion overly flimsy for a precise handing car such as the S2000, even more so if your running a stiffer higher performance chassis set up above stock. Flexy sidewalls help the tire bite on the strait line, you can look at any drag car for an example, so that's not entirely surprising news to me, but the S2000 isn't a drag car. Putting a tire on it that sacrifices the very thing it excels in, which is precision handling, seems dumb to me. There does happen to be better handing tires for the same money on the market. Or get an Extreme summer tire which grips and handles better, so your getting grip in the strait line without sacrificing the rest of what the car offers. Just drop the tire pressure if you want to spend the afternoon going in strait lines
Old 04-15-2013, 04:27 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by spitfirecwp
I notice a lot of people post on here what tire should i get and the responses are usually the same a extreme summer performance tire.
You're not looking very hard:
https://www.google.com/#safe=off&out...w=1920&bih=995