Wheels and Tires Discussion about wheels and tires for the S2000.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sam’s Club tires

Old 08-05-2024, 04:28 AM

Received 193 Likes on 134 Posts
Default Sam’s Club tires

Anyone buying tires from Sam’s Club?

I need to purchase street tires for my ap2 rims. Looking at the Continental Sam’s has. Members plus offers a few additional benefits, I’ll find out more details this week when go by.

1 of my rims has a small dent, trying to get that repaired while I have the tires off
Old 08-05-2024, 04:36 AM

My finger is right on the center point of the dent. You can see to the left, there is some discoloration from pooling water or something
Old 08-06-2024, 01:06 PM

Received 1,225 Likes on 1,070 Posts

According to Tire Rack there's only two (2) Continental tires in sizes that will fit the AP2 S2000.

Continental ExtremeContact Sport 02
Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06 Plus

Even on the street the car usually deserves better than All Seasons which is probably what Sam's is peddling. My wife has the DWS 06 Plus tires on her Subau Legacy, though, and they're competent tires for year-round driving.

-- Chuck
Old 08-07-2024, 03:49 AM

Sam’s club sucks for tires. Their website should have been my first clue. It got worse when I went in. I basically got yelled at for asking questions about tires, then don’t have a system database that goes by vehicle. You need to know size and load index (which I looked up on Tire Rack). After all that, their deals were no good.

The lady that was “helping” me was really struggling to use this calculator. I thought support might be worth it if I need a flat fixed or a tire replaced. I’ll stick with Tire Rack.
Old 08-07-2024, 04:06 AM

Received 1,225 Likes on 1,070 Posts

The Discount Tire in my "neighborhood" has highly competent staff and all the needed equipment for installation. No getting tires delivered at home and dragging them there. Same prices as Tire Rack (shouldn't be a surprise as they own Tire Rack although they're run as separate businesses.) They put Bridgestone RE-71RS tires on my S2000 last summer ("car guys" were all over it) and tires on my travel trailer the year before.

-- Chuck

Old 08-07-2024, 04:56 AM

Originally Posted by Chuck S
The Discount Tire in my "neighborhood" has highly competent staff and all the needed equipment for installation. No getting tires delivered at home and dragging them there. Same prices as Tire Rack (shouldn't be a surprise as they own Tire Rack although they're run as separate businesses.) They put Bridgestone RE-71RS tires on my S2000 last summer ("car guys" were all over it) and tires on my travel trailer the year before.

-- Chuck
unfortunately I don’t have a Discount Tire near by. I have access to a shop with tire equipment so I usually mount tires myself. Took me 30 min to strip all the tires off my ap2 wheels but July in Florida is hottttt!!!!
Old 08-07-2024, 07:53 AM

Received 135 Likes on 105 Posts

There are other tire places you can use in Florida. Just be sure to research them a bit before using them. In Melbourne, I use Cruisin' Gold and they were great with my lowered S2k and lowered G37.
The following users liked this post:
Abana (08-07-2024)
Old 08-08-2024, 07:39 AM

Received 1,371 Likes on 1,023 Posts

Costco is my go-to for tires. Best pricing the first time around, and they use nitrogen to inflate. The manufacturer rebates are instant (not mail in), and their membership cash back rebates also apply on top of that.

If I'm buying Bridgestone/Michelin/BFG, I am most likely to buy at Costco.

My 2nd choice is Discount Tire. Lot more brand choice and the customer service aspect is better than Costco.

That being said....why do you want all season tires? Are you driving in the snow or cold weather?

Last edited by B serious; 08-08-2024 at 07:42 AM.
Old 08-08-2024, 08:20 AM

Received 1,713 Likes on 1,020 Posts

Originally Posted by B serious
Costco is my go-to for tires. Best pricing the first time around, and they use nitrogen to inflate. The manufacturer rebates are instant (not mail in), and their membership cash back rebates also apply on top of that.

If I'm buying Bridgestone/Michelin/BFG, I am most likely to buy at Costco.

My 2nd choice is Discount Tire. Lot more brand choice and the customer service aspect is better than Costco.
I agree but we have America's Tire Store instead of Discount Tire and that (Discount) is nearby in chilly Reno Nevada.

Costco is the better deal but sometimes there is a bit of a wait for dealing with customer lines. I found you can get tires that do not appear on the Costco website. I bitched about that one time to Costco tire guy behind the counter and he demonstrated THEY could find what I wanted and got it for me. Michelin Pilot 4S when I did not think it was in the size for the S2000. Ask and ye shall receive.
Old 08-08-2024, 09:03 AM

No snow here in FL panhandle. I never said anything about all season tires.

I ordered from TR last night. They have the best prices because they don’t operate any locations.

if we had a costco I’d check it out. There really ain’t sh*t in this part of the state other than some really nice beaches.

Quick Reply: Sam’s Club tires