Wheels and Tires Discussion about wheels and tires for the S2000.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rota Wheel discussion

Old 01-17-2008, 02:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NVMY4N,Jan 17 2008, 04:54 AM

Rotas are a big thing in the subby market from what I understand. Those guys put them to the test, and I have never heard a bad review of them from a Subby guy.

I think the stench of "Rota" in the S2000 world is nuts. But you can't just hate on one party or another;
It's opinions folks - as long as they can be constructive criticism and not a pissing match everything is good to go.

Thanks to all who have posted and kept it civil. I was sure I was going to have to close this on just by the title.

BTW I'd consider a set of Rotas for everyday use.....and my AP1s for the track - etc.
thanks for letting this thread go on. i knew it was possible for this to turn into a pissing match quickly, but i really like the input I have read thus far.

I personally dont have any intention of getting rotas (nor any aftermarket wheel for awhile), I just wanted some input from other s2kers
Old 01-17-2008, 02:56 PM

Never owned a set of fakes and never would. I absolutly hate what they do and stand for, they copy rims and make them cheaper by using cheaper materials and offer them at a super cheap price.

Sure this is great for people that dont want to spend good money but Id rather save and know I have the real deal then fake the funk.

To each their own! A car like a s2000, deserves somethign better then knock offs but..........................

As long as the owner is happy, I already own a hosue so I knew it was my re's or nothing
Old 01-17-2008, 03:13 PM

I've owed a set of Rotas on my old CRX. good wheels for the price. I think to each his own. I personally would like a nice set of Volks. Lets keep in mind two things, cost and tastes. Those combined would yield someone to buy Rotas. I loved my Rotas they were nice and cheap and never game me problems. I have no problems with people using Rotas. To each his own.
Old 01-17-2008, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by AP_ONE,Jan 17 2008, 06:56 PM
A car like a s2000, deserves somethign better then knock offs but..........................
this is one of the main things I hate to hear about Rota's on the S2k. People act like the car is a Porsche or something. The car only cost 30k new and you can get them used for 12k. I have never owned a set of Rota's but I would. My old Works were great wheels but I honestly could care less if they said Work or Rota. Rota wheels have proven themselves on car that cost more then the S2k and cars that push a lot more power. My brother had some Rotas on his 400whp sti and abused them on the track and street with no issues ever. If they held up for that then they will hold up to my light ass 200whp s2k. Plus they are light weight and the Slips are the ONLY reasonable priced 16" wheels offered for the s2k...

If you want to spend $3000+ on rims then go for it but if I were going to blow $3000 would much rather spend $800 on something that performs just as well and spend the rest on something else thats actually useful
Old 01-17-2008, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by ///RS-2000,Jan 17 2008, 04:13 PM
I've owed a set of Rotas on my old CRX. good wheels for the price. I think to each his own. I personally would like a nice set of Volks. Lets keep in mind two things, cost and tastes. Those combined would yield someone to buy Rotas. I loved my Rotas they were nice and cheap and never game me problems. I have no problems with people using Rotas. To each his own.
tis true but there is more to this. I mean i can respect a guy that wants to beat on his car and is using a set of rotas/drags/ect and they go out and spend GOOD cash on sticky tires, way more then a guy that spends a small fortune on the real deal, then goes and buys pos tires for it :S

if your gonna go, go all the way or dont bother going at all!
Old 01-17-2008, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by AP1_S2k,Jan 17 2008, 04:17 PM
this is one of the main things I hate to hear about Rota's on the S2k. People act like the car is a Porsche or something. The car only cost 30k new and you can get them used for 12k. I have never owned a set of Rota's but I would. My old Works were great wheels but I honestly could care less if they said Work or Rota. Rota wheels have proven themselves on car that cost more then the S2k and cars that push a lot more power. My brother had some Rotas on his 400whp sti and abused them on the track and street with no issues ever. If they held up for that then they will hold up to my light ass 200whp s2k. Plus they are light weight and the Slips are the ONLY reasonable priced 16" wheels offered for the s2k...

If you want to spend $3000+ on rims then go for it but if I were going to blow $3000 would much rather spend $800 on something that performs just as well and spend the rest on something else thats actually useful
He is right as well unless you want baller status lol then rota dont cut it

I kid anways, as long as whomever ownes whatever is happy and has good tires!
Old 01-17-2008, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by AP_ONE,Jan 17 2008, 07:20 PM
He is right as well unless you want baller status lol then rota dont cut it

I kid anways, as long as whomever ownes whatever is happy and has good tires!
werd lol

I want some 16" slips just cuz I hated my Works just because they were 17" wheels. The 16" slips are light, cheap, and leaves me money to keep on running my RE050a (spelling) Pole Position tires (I love these tires SOOO much)
Old 01-17-2008, 04:32 PM

It's funny, I was actually thinking of getting a set of Rota P45r's for daily/track wheels.

~Chris
Old 01-17-2008, 04:40 PM

For people running rotas, what did you do about sourcing hub centric rings for the wheels that fit our two size hub setup? I am looking to pick up a set and I am coming up with nothing really productive.
Old 01-17-2008, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by ThatllHappen,Jan 17 2008, 05:40 PM
For people running rotas, what did you do about sourcing hub centric rings for the wheels that fit our two size hub setup? I am looking to pick up a set and I am coming up with nothing really productive.
Any real wheel supplier will be able to find your hubcentric rings.

If you want rota, buy from jlbmotorsports. Tell Dustin and Hikaru that Jared sent you.

Their service is second to none, and if they don't have it they will order it the same day.

I have rota on my s2k and my civic. I could care less what someone thinks about my wheels. Unless they start paying bills, who cares.

Both sets of rotas on both cars have held up to autocross and daily driving on HORRIBLE roads.

People always post the same picture of the same rota wheel that cracked. Pay attention to this, its the same 1 or 2 pics that circulate on EVERY forum.

Quick Reply: Rota Wheel discussion