Wheels and Tires Discussion about wheels and tires for the S2000.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rota Slipstreams wheels, fit or not?

Old 03-17-2003, 10:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rota Slipstreams wheels, fit or not?

does anyone know?
i recieved an email from Revolutions Motorsports, they say the Rota Slipstreams would fit on the S2000.
Old 03-17-2003, 10:41 AM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I'm not sure if they would fit, but I would highly reccommend keeping the stock wheels over a set of Rota's. Just get the stock wheels powdercoated if you want a different look. IMOP Rota's aren't deserving enough to be on the $30000+ S. Just my two cents.
Old 03-17-2003, 10:49 AM

i use my stock for winter, or should i use the rota for winter.

I called Rota several weeks ago, their answer was "no", they don't fit, but today i recieved an email from Revolutions Motorsports saying that they fit.
Old 03-17-2003, 10:57 AM
pfb

Depends what you mean by "fit".

Do they have wheels that will bolt up and clear the brakes? Possibly. Do they have anywhere near the correct offsets?

No. unless something has changed very recently.
Old 03-17-2003, 11:25 AM

don't get rota's. i was looking on the subaru forms and many guys use them. they made a thread about the wheels. there were many that had cracks around the spokes and some even all the spokes broke right off the brim of the rim. i would also agree what Money2536. not sure if they fit though.
Old 03-17-2003, 11:27 AM
Spammer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rotas=Rice
Made in UMMM Philipines i think
Old 03-17-2003, 01:06 PM

I emailed a guy that works for Rota yesterday regarding fitment of 16 inch Slipstreams on a S2000 with the correct offsets. I haven't heard back yet, but will post my findings.

The Rota issue on the Subaru forums is conerning a completely different style (Attack) of wheel. Rota is replacing all the early releases of the Attack for free of charge with a new heavier duty set of Attacks.

BTW, I don't find anything ricey about a set of flat black lightweight 16" Slipstreams. The ricey stuff is all these 18"/19" chrome wheels and/or chrome lips I keep seeing on S2000s on this form. Bling bling....
Old 03-17-2003, 01:27 PM

Many of the wheels i think you are talking about that you have seen are forged three piece wheels with polished lips (quite different) My setup is almost the same weight as stock/much stronger/much wider tire. I don't find these wheels 'rice' as they are quite functional and they fit (as very few wheels actually fit for this car) Even though the tire is wider i find the porsche oem rubber i run to be much more progressive at the limit than the stock tread

I think he meant that they are ricey because they are meant to look like the real deal regamasters but are not strong. It doesn't matter how they look if you can break the spokes off of the hub.

I thought of another fairly cheap wheel that there was a thread awhile back for but haven't checked on the status yet.
Oh yeah it was panasport and they said that they would be making some of the c5r wheels in offsets that would fit the stook and be fairly lightweight with proper offsets.
Old 03-17-2003, 02:31 PM

Ok, u can't compare Rota w/ Volks, BBS, work, OZ, & SSR...etc.
Of course the Volks..etc. r better, look at their prices $400+ per wheel, while the Rota is only $500 a set !!!

from what i heard Rota has pretty good quality among the low price rims. Personally, i don't want to spend several thousands dollars on wheel.

Also, i don't think the Rota is rice, isn't Rota makes replica rims?
The Slipstreams looks very similar to Spoon's but Rota has several color to choose from (Gunmetal, Black, Silver, & Bronze).
Old 03-17-2003, 02:35 PM

ccarnel,
wut brand of wheels is that?
are they expensive? (like over $1k)?

Quick Reply: Rota Slipstreams wheels, fit or not?