Wheels and Tires Discussion about wheels and tires for the S2000.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rota center cap fitment

Old 04-17-2008, 01:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rota center cap fitment

I'm about ready to get some rota boosts in hyper silver but really don't like the lack of a center cap. Its a personal preference, but as street wheels I want it to look factory.

From what I've read, the standard dome caps will not fit on the back. Has anyone been able to make these fit? I personally like these the best.

I also see they have a Track R cap which is raised for more clearance. Unfortunately it doesn't come in hyper silver - only plain silver. Has anyone used these successfully?

Last - I'd love to hear opinions on hyper silver. Anyone have this color? The pics online don't really give me a good vision of what it will look like in person. I think I'd prefer regular silver...but that's not an option...
Old 04-22-2009, 11:08 PM

yeah, i just picked up my rota boosts yesterday and quickly realized that the rear center caps don't fit.. this blows! any suggestions?
Old 04-23-2009, 04:58 AM

Are these the standard black flat center caps with an "R" in the center? I had this type on my old D2s and you can get them to fit. All you need to do is dremel some of the plastic material in the center of the cap (on the back side of course). Use a grinding tool on the dremel and go slowly with test fits on the wheel until it snaps on. You also need to dremel down the tabs that snap into the wheel. Not all the way down, just grind the prongs down until you get close to the part that sticks out and actually holds the cap onto the wheel. I wish I took some pictures when I did it. I think the caps are the same as the D2s. Do they look like this?

You can see I have my back ones on, and I had those wheels for about 9 months and caps never came off. Also, you might want to put a little bit of silicone caulk on each plastic tab on the center cap to keep it on. that's what I did. It also, still makes the caps removable when you change tires.