Wheels and Tires Discussion about wheels and tires for the S2000.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Review: Continental Extreme Contact DW

Old 07-21-2011, 02:01 PM

Received 124 Likes on 101 Posts

Swap front tires left/right, see if the pulling changes direction. If it does, one of the front tires is bad.
If it doesn't, swap the rear tires left/right and see if the pull changes direction to see if it's one of the rears.
Old 07-25-2011, 01:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alignment checked out spot on. Tire pressure is good. I'm sure it's a bad rear tire, but I don't want to waste time and money swapping tires around to prove what I suspect is true. I doubt it would be a front tire since it pulls based on acceleration which power comes from the rear.
Old 07-26-2011, 04:11 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

The only way to determine if the tire has a radial pull is to move one of the front tires to the rear. Unfortunately on your car that is going to be impossible.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tirete....jsp?techid=12
Old 07-26-2011, 04:48 AM

Originally Posted by Jim@tirerack
The only way to determine if the tire has a radial pull is to move one of the front tires to the rear. Unfortunately on your car that is going to be impossible.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tirete....jsp?techid=12

pm'd
Old 07-26-2011, 05:31 AM

For any of those considering the DW for a street tire, keep in mind that the DWS does have a 50k mile treadwear warranty that the DW doesn't. The snow capability isn't necessary for most, but both are Z rated, the DWS has a "higher treadwear rating" (rated by manufacturer so not so trust-worthy) and from personal experience on my Accord with DWS's for daily,they grip very well on a 3300-lb full-size car on coils, so I plan to use them on the stock wheels on next tire change.
Old 07-27-2011, 02:47 PM

Confirmed my bad tire today after flipping the rears right to left. The car now pulls in the other direction.
Old 07-28-2011, 08:18 PM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

sorry to hear! What are you gonna do now?
Old 07-28-2011, 08:58 PM

I just mounted a new set of DW's at my work for a good price.
215/45/17 & 255/40/17
About 2k mi on them so far and I must say I am thoroughly impressed. I've only owned my S2K for 6mo but have put about 20k spirited miles on it so far and feel much safer and slightly more confident with the traction these tires provide.
Although fun on nice roads on warm/dry (very dry) nights, my rear tires were definitely due for replacement as seen in this picture =P
I spent countless hours researching various options and even contacted a few of my past customer to get their mini-reviews on their purchases of the DW, DWS, PS AS+, Direzza, GT, etc
I nearly went for the DWS's for the 50k warranty, but reviews on TireRack for the DW (topping out in its class) made me pull the trigger on them and I am glad I did. The four ultra wide circumferential grooves give stunning traction in heavy rain (a must for a Seattle-area resident) & the tread blocks are stiff enough that it feels incredible with cornering!
Now I just need to pick up some AP1 wheels & DWS's for the winter months!
Old 07-30-2011, 05:38 AM

Just got my replacement tire mounted and the car doesn't pull anymore. Thanks Tire Rack!
Old 07-30-2011, 07:25 AM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Nismofan
Just got my replacement tire mounted and the car doesn't pull anymore. Thanks Tire Rack!
how did this work out? Im assuming you sent them an email explaining your situation. Did you have to pay on top or have to ship the defective tire back to them?

Quick Reply: Review: Continental Extreme Contact DW