Wheels and Tires Discussion about wheels and tires for the S2000.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problem with Tire Rack

Old 04-07-2003, 06:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Once again I needed something for my car. I called left a message for Jim at the Tire Rack, he called me back within an hour or so, and helped me get the product I needed right away!!

I will HAPPILY recommend Jim's service everytime!!
Old 04-07-2003, 07:52 PM

In the last 3 years of dealing with TireRack... they have been perfect... the last 3 years of SprintPcs... well less than perfect. The good news is I have seen almost daily improvement in the quality of their customer service and their customer Focus. Trust me Customer Retention has become a big deal with them.

Don't believe me... have a problem, call em' up and make them fix it. Ask for a supervisor(I did, hit 0 twice to skip Clair))... I believe they are working hard to get better.
Old 04-07-2003, 08:51 PM

AirGate...

I have been in the wireless telecommunications industry for years, granted, i am only 20 years old, i have been to more technical training seminars regarding mobile phone technology than i can count.... and in response to your shot at CDMA technology, if you didnt know, it is more than twice as advanced than Cingular, Verizon, and ATT's TDMA....

to get technical real quick, i'll explain....

TDMA means Time Division Multiplexing Access
CDMA means Code Division Multiplexing Access

the advantages of Sprint's CDMA over the other company's TDMA is that CDMA doesnt relay calls in multiples of time division, (which means you will never get a voice delay while on a call)... TDMA not only places time delay on calls, but it also takes up more space on cell towers, which in result, restricts the level of technology that can be placed on ATT, Verizon, and Cingular's network.... all in all, the only company that will be capable of the millenium's constantly improving technology, is Sprint PCS.... for example, our phones will be capable of online stream-line video by the end of this year... this means you would be able to watch basketball games live from your PCS phone... Verizon was recently asked if they will be heading in this direction as well, and the CEO's response was, "we do not have the network capacity to hold such technology".....

sorry for the techology speal, but most of you dont realize how advanced Sprint PCS actually is, compared to the other carriers....

the customer service on the other hand.... yes we have our flaws, but with my previous employment with Cingular and Verizon, i know that they are not much better....
Old 04-08-2003, 03:01 AM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by S2quick4U

I have been in the wireless telecommunications industry for years, granted, i am only 20 years old, i have been to more technical training seminars regarding mobile phone technology than i can count....

TDMA means Time Division Multiplexing Access
CDMA means Code Division Multiplexing Access
Wow, thanks for the lesson. . .

I don't know where that word "Multiplexing" is coming from. It's typically referred to as "multiple."

You have really shared a wealth of education here, huh? You are only 20 years old, yet you have years of wireless telecom experience. How is that? Did Sprint PCS hire you at 18 or something. What about those technical seminars. More than you can count? Yeah, sounds like Sprint PCS wants their CSR's learning more on how the system "should" work instead of sending them to quality Customer Care seminars. And please read thick into my sarcasm here.

Point is, Sprint PCS is on a 1900mHz CDMA frequency, nationwide. They have exclusive license rights to all 1900mHz CDMA build-outs across the country. While their technology can easily be expanded, CDMA is good for voice and data. However, CDMA runs the rate of being twice as expensive to operate. TDMA is best for voice and GSM is best for data. Making a TDMA voice line with GSM data the best.

It's easy for you to be misguided with Sprint's little training manuals and what not. Afterall, they give you a paycheck, they might as well feed you what they want you to think.

And do yourself a favor and think about where the name airgate is from.
Old 04-08-2003, 04:47 AM

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by S2quick4U
i've worked for Verizon and Cingular in the past... and i can say that Sprint has better customer service, better reception, and better handsets....
...and Sprint. If these companies have observed child labor laws, that means the most amount of time you could have drawn a paycheck in this field is 4 years. Three companies in four years... doesn't look good on applications for jobs or credit. Are you a Capricorn?
Old 04-08-2003, 07:31 AM
lig
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 40 Likes on 17 Posts

VERY interesting stuff, Airgate... Particularly on the que "heirarchy"...

My on hold problems started after I switched to the 99.00/2500 minute unlimited Vision plan.

I don't seem to recall having as many problems being "on hold" when I was paying about $250/month for the last couple of years...
Old 04-08-2003, 08:13 AM
Former Moderator

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Interesting thread. As tempting as it is with 7+ years in telecommunications, I will resist weighing in on the idiosyncrasies of Sprint or other carriers in either technical merit or service/customer service quality.

What I WILL bring to the conversation is this...it goes without saying that every company in every industry has problems with customer service from time to time.

This goes for wheel/tire sales, wireless phone service, or the local grocery store.

Sounds to me like S2quick4U had a bad experience with Tire Rack, and this is unfortunate for both parties. Dallas seems to have dropped the ball in this case and I would definitely think twice about doing business with him in the future.

Jim, however, seems to be quite responsive to the S2000 owners on this board and seems to be a guy that gets the job done right. If Jim also deals with Miata's I might just give him a call later this summer when I'm looking for new rims for my '92 Miata...we'll see.

Sounds to me like S2quick4U is the same way at Sprint. Maybe, once number portability in the wireless industry is finally implemented, I'll be calling him up to switch from my AT&T Wireless service that I've had for years (married to the number...need to keep it).

S2quick4U, my question to you is this? What would it take for you to consider doing business with Tire Rack ever again? I'm just curious...not trying to convince you of anything.

I've rambled enough...I'm off for breakfast.
Old 04-08-2003, 10:56 AM

I can not personally vouch for anouther representative. At the TirerRack most reps are dedicated to seving, and pleasing our customers. I will personally mension this situation to Dallas. I think in any instance you can find less than ideal circumstances. I hope in Brant's jist, that we will get the oppertunity to make this up to you.

Alex
Old 04-08-2003, 11:15 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by FF2Skip
[B] ...and Sprint.
Old 04-08-2003, 11:23 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by brantshali

S2quick4U, my question to you is this?

Quick Reply: Problem with Tire Rack