Wheels and Tires Discussion about wheels and tires for the S2000.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problem with Tire Rack

Old 04-07-2003, 11:48 AM
mas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

S2quick4U: You should not take this personally. When you compared Sprint with TireRack, you asked for trouble. If I were you, i would not advertise I work for Sprint, specially customer service.

Originally posted by S2quick4U

as far as your dropped calls goes, SprintPCS has 98% of this country covered ..
That's so funny!

According to Consumer Reports of last year, SprintPCS's handsets were rated the highest out of all the service providers....
Sprint does not make the equipment so they cannot take credit for a motorola (or other) phone. Like they (you know who) say "Your wireless phone is only as good as the network it's on"

count how many mobile phone stores you see with a designated customer service counter.....
I counted, and sorry but there's no Cusomer Serivce at the Sprint stores in my area. They do have a counter, though. You go there and there are phones you can use to dial customer service! If I need to call customer service I can do it from home, right? They can't even close an account for you in person!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by S2quick4U
[B]
yes we get our fair share of pissed off customers that have nothing better to do than bitch and moan about this and that, when chances are, it was their fault that the phone broke in the first place....
Old 04-07-2003, 11:55 AM

hold up. you keep mentioning what other mobile carrier provider has a designated customer service counter. well VERIZON has one. aren't they one of your major competitors? hmmm
Old 04-07-2003, 01:04 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by mas

we cover 98% of the country, digitally....

Old 04-07-2003, 01:06 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by PokS2k
[B]Hasn't anyone realized here that this thread is useless.
Old 04-07-2003, 03:02 PM

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Funny thing about this thread... I would/will still potentially buy/consider something from Tire Rack, however, I can't say the same for Sprint now.

Imagine that.
Old 04-07-2003, 03:18 PM
lig
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 40 Likes on 17 Posts

I have a very good friend who works for Sprint PCS. All I can say is that if it were not for him, I would be long gone as a customer. He put me in charge of someone very high up in management that was able to solve my problems.

To say that Sprint needs improvement in "customer service" is like saying human beings need oxygen...

If I had a dollar for every minute I've been on hold with Sprint PCS I could retire. And 98% of the country covered? That can't be referring to digital service. Maybe with analog roaming... My A500 drops calls almost daily despite numerous "software upgrades"

Sprint has the gall to charge you to make a payment in person at a Sprint store. You have to pay via machine to avoid the charge.

To keep this semi-rant on topic - I have ordered tires/wheels twice from the Tire Rack. Both orders weren't exactly perfect - but they made sure I was happy.
Old 04-07-2003, 04:49 PM

i've worked for Verizon and Cingular in the past... and i can say that Sprint has better customer service, better reception, and better handsets....
Old 04-07-2003, 04:50 PM

BTW, the guy at Tire Rack that totally screwed me on my order (dallas), never even responded with an apology... what a shadey ass company...
Old 04-07-2003, 05:05 PM
lig
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 40 Likes on 17 Posts

I can't speak for Verizon or Cingular - never done business with them. I was with Cellular 1 for years - the service and reception was good.

I seriously doubt that 98% claim. I travel quite a bit for work and frequently have no service unless I analog roam - and then I get dinged big $$$

Don't get me started on PCS Vision... I have unlimited Vision minutes and it's close to useless...

As far as your order problem - take your issue up with Jim or Luke at the Tire Rack and I bet they will help you out...
Old 04-07-2003, 05:28 PM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by lig
[B]
If I had a dollar for every minute I've been on hold with Sprint PCS I could retire.

Quick Reply: Problem with Tire Rack