Wheels and Tires Discussion about wheels and tires for the S2000.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

International Capabilities of Tire Rack

Old 05-03-2011, 05:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default International Capabilities of Tire Rack

As an Australian s2000 owner, The Tire Rack has been a godsend. We cannot get a wide range of performance tires through retail channels down here and what is available is available in limited sizes at vastly inflated prices. In addition, Jim (and The Tire Rack in general) has a reputation to offer an extremely professional, reliable and informed service - which is rather uncommon in the industry here - and it's the sort of thing which we like to support with return service and recommendations.

I was a little bit surprised to hear that The Tire Rack may no longer offer a full range to services for purchase from outside of the states. Can someone clear up what the situation is here? I'm sure a number of members not based in the US would be interested to know what the case is with this.
Old 05-03-2011, 07:05 PM

Probably has something to do with agreements with tire manufacturers
Old 05-04-2011, 01:59 AM

I hope this isn't the case, I have an order for Star Specs currently pending with you guys, I just need to wait for my pay to come in so I can pay for it!
Old 05-04-2011, 07:52 AM

damnit.
Old 05-04-2011, 08:03 AM

If so is the case arnt there a way around this. Many US companies allready only sell and deliver to US custumers inside US. For me the way around this is a US based transportcompany whos buisnessidea is to arrange US postaddress for me at there location. I get my gods sent there as US deal for all practical reasons, then they ship the gods overseas: https://www.jetcarrier.com/partner/default.asp
Old 05-04-2011, 03:20 PM

All i want is some star specs. Is that too much to ask....
Old 05-04-2011, 08:16 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

i ordered last july a set of Z1ss from them.
they were delivered to Israel by "fedex economy" which took about a week and cost ~300$. local customs clearance was a nightmare but i managed to get them.

i wanted to order this time but Jim never answered to my email - but i was concerened that this time i might not be that lucky with the customs.
so i justed ardered locally a set of Toyo R1Rs which costed me half of Z1ss - pretty good deal.

anyway a big problem with the Tirerack that they can't commit on any DOT date of the tires.
i don't know about other countries but our local import rules state that only tires 10 months old can be imported.
Old 05-05-2011, 06:14 AM

^^ Nah, australia doesn't have tyre age rules i don't think.
Old 05-09-2011, 05:07 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Hi Guys,

There are some tires, including the Star Spec that we can not export outside the North American market. Those restrictions are put on by the tire manufacturers. There are similar tires that are available like the Bridgestone RE-11.
As far as DOT codes go I can tell you pretty close to the mfg date. We mark the DOT codes when we ship the tires out so I can check those dates.
Croc, I do answer all of my emails so if I missed it I would be suprised. You can email me anytime. Sorry,
Old 05-19-2011, 10:51 PM

Thanks Jim, much appreciated.

Quick Reply: International Capabilities of Tire Rack