Wheels and Tires Discussion about wheels and tires for the S2000.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I got screwed by Tirerack!!!

Old 01-21-2002, 01:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got mine a day early.....which is today!!!!!

Good way to start a Monday.....
Old 01-21-2002, 02:40 PM

All I have to say is bad new's travels fast....And if they knew what was good for them, they would have had them there then. And not 3 days later!!! Some people just suck.
Old 01-21-2002, 02:47 PM
Red

I've ordered tires from Tire Rack three times. No problems with any of the orders. Correct tires delivered to the correct location on time.

I ordered a computer a couple of weeks ago and paid extra for overnight shipping. The box showed up, but the monitor was delivered about a week later. I called the manufacturer and they gave me a printer (still to be received), which I could use, at no cost with no shipping. For me a satisfactory solution.

Moral (if there is one): Go back to the seller, tell them, and see how they propose to resolve it.
Old 01-21-2002, 02:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been ordering from the TireRack for more than 10 years. Track tires, truck tires, street tires, snow tires, and that whole list over and over.
I have never had a bad experience with TireRack!
I have always spoken to a person, I have always gotten an confirmation of in-stock status, I have always gotten a commitment from what warehouse they were shipping from, I have always gotten an order number, I have always called back and gotten a tracking number so I could track the shipment myself. Some people just take more time and energy to make sure things work out right.
Old 01-22-2002, 02:12 PM

I've purchased about 8 sets of tires and one set of wheels and tires from Tire Rack over the past several years and have found their service and pricing to be outstanding. Only one minor snafu when they one time sent me three 215/16's and only one 205/16 when I was supposed to receive 2 and 2. I called and they immediately sent out the correct tire. On the other hand I had only one dealing with Discount Tire and that was a nightmare I won't delve into. Anybody can make a mistake, Tire Racks reputation speaks for itself they are a first rate outfit and deserve a second chance.
Old 01-23-2002, 04:27 AM

I had just the opposite experience with Tire Rack. I purchased a set of rims/tires after 4 on Wednesday, only paid for 3-day ground shipping, and was told that I should receive the tires by Monday. To my surprise, the tires arrived early a.m. on Friday--3 days earlier than promised--mounted, balanced and ready to put on my S2K. I was very impressed with the level of service from Tire Rack and would readily recommend them to anyone who needed tires. Thanks Jim!!!
Old 01-23-2002, 05:03 AM

I ordered a set of rears via the internet and used a preferred installer. Delivery and installation were right on. I will be using TireRack again for all of my vehicles. I may even use the installer for other mechanical items.
Old 01-23-2002, 10:15 AM

They are always isolated experiences. I have ordered a total of 33 times (ouch!) from The Tire Rack.....31 times everything was excellent. Once the product was late due to their new computer system and only once did they send me the wrong stuff but quickly corrected it................TO ME, that is an excellent track record!

angel
Old 01-27-2002, 12:41 PM

I also ordered some new tires from tirerack and their service was reliable and delivery was quick!!! Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience...
Old 01-31-2002, 06:26 PM

4 sets of tires from Tirerack, good advice, good tires, good prices, no problems. If they were late by a day I'd say, tough luck, big deal. Some folks are very important, figure they're entitled to every break, don't like anything that delays their gratification and don't tolerate bumps on the road of life very well. I think Tirerack will do better without Warren than vice versa.

Quick Reply: I got screwed by Tirerack!!!