Wheels and Tires Discussion about wheels and tires for the S2000.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I got screwed by Tirerack!!!

Old 01-16-2002, 06:12 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default I got screwed by Tirerack!!!

I have to tell you about a bad experience I just had with Tirerack so you don't make the same mistake.

I ordered 2 rear tires for my S2K from Tirerack yesterday (1/15) before the deadline of 4pm. I paid an extra $25 per tire to have them overnighted to the tire shop (a "preferred" Tirerack shop). I even received an email that the tires were on their way.

I dropped off the wheels at the tire shop and told the guy that they would arrive around noon. I felt confident that the tires would arrive and I'd be back in the evening to pick them up, after all I had the email confirming they had been sent.

I went back to the tire shop about 7:30pm (they close at 8), and the tires haven't even arrived. I called Tirerack and was told that they had been shipped today...they were supposed to be shipped YESTERDAY!

Now I will be working late Thursday, Friday and have a commitment on Saturday. So I won't be able to pick the tires up til Monday. That screws up the drive I wanted to do on Sunday.

I will never order tires from Tirerack again! When I order something to be delivered overnight, that's exactly what I expect, to be delivered overnight, not the next day, or the day after that. Especially when I'm paying an extra $25 per tire! I really learned my lesson...never buy tires from Tirerack!
Old 01-16-2002, 06:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the warning.

Tan
Old 01-16-2002, 06:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try to put things in perspective. Sometimes things get screwed up. Could have been Tire Rack, could have been Fed Ex, could have been a hundred other things. That fact that you can get tires in a couple of days still impresses me. I'm sure you will be refunded your $25. Sure, your schedule got a bit screwed up. But are two tires really worth getting that worked up about?

Worse things have happened in the world today...

Hope you get them on soon.
Old 01-17-2002, 07:42 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

What s2kskibum said covers it I got great delivery from tirerack....delivered sooner than promised.
Old 01-17-2002, 07:54 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by paS2K
[B]What s2kskibum said covers it
Old 01-17-2002, 11:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just curious if it was an online order or if you spoke to someone directly. I think if I was under the gun as it seems you were I would have called........and maybe you did. If so that sucks.

I to have had nothing but great experience with them and their staff!
Old 01-17-2002, 11:40 AM

I love the Tire Rack service.... I've used them several times, but their shipping did screw up once for me -- it came a day late on the 2-day shipment I ordered. Good thing I was still able to get them mounted before Laguna Seca. The lady on the phone said something about giving me back credit in apology, but I'm not sure on what yet.
Old 01-17-2002, 02:34 PM

Screwed Over, to me that means an intentional premeditated malicious act.

Are you saying that Tire Rack knew that the drive on Sunday was SO important and did everything they could to prevent your tires from getting to you?

Maybe it was just an unfortunate "timing" thing
Old 01-17-2002, 09:32 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by WarrenW
......I really learned my lesson...never buy tires from Tirerack!

Jeez, I really think some people here need to chill out a little!!!!

I can understand the guys that get upset over a US$1500 problem on E-bay, but a day late delivering your tyres.... you need to relax man!!
Old 01-18-2002, 05:59 AM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've used TireRack for ever tirereplacement and they have fantastic service. . .always delivered on-time or early! I'll be calling on them again soon as I am nearing the end of the line for these S-02's! I'm thinking of getting some new wheels too!

Quick Reply: I got screwed by Tirerack!!!