Wheels and Tires Discussion about wheels and tires for the S2000.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help me to choose a tire !

Old 01-28-2016, 12:56 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me to choose a tire !

I am either thinking to get
Re71r or v12 evo
I know these are two different class tires
But seeing price difference I am very attempt to get v12 evo and hearing very good
My car is not stock making 310whp
Currently using re11 for rear
And it's balded !!
I want comfort but still maximum grip
What do you guys think inbetween !?
Old 01-28-2016, 02:45 PM
Community Organizer

Received 554 Likes on 506 Posts

The v12 are garbage, I wouldn't put them on this car N/A. Grip is "ok" but they handle like crap, very vague and could be down right dangerous. Its not a tire meant for our platform. Its a budget "sport" sedan tire. Hands down spend the money on the R71. Or any of the extreme summer tires for that matter.
Old 01-28-2016, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by Couna777
Re71r or v12 evo
But seeing price difference I am very attempt to get v12 evo and hearing very good
And it's balded !!
What are the diameter and width of your wheels? That'll help narrow down what's available for you.

Originally Posted by s2000Junky
The v12 are garbage, I wouldn't put them on this car N/A. Grip is "ok" but they handle like crap, very vague and could be down right dangerous. Its not a tire meant for our platform. Its a budget "sport" sedan tire. Hands down spend the money on the R71. Or any of the extreme summer tires for that matter.
I've heard from quite a few sources that the RE-71R grips like no other, but as a consequence wears down much faster than the RE-11 under the same driving conditions. Any truth to the wear concerns in your experience?
Old 01-28-2016, 05:43 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Miata_Nut
Originally Posted by Couna777' timestamp='1454018210' post='23865394
Re71r or v12 evo
And it's balded !!
What are the diameter and width of your wheels? That'll help narrow down what's available for you.

I've heard from quite a few sources that the RE-71R grips like no other, but as a consequence wears down much faster than the RE-11 under the same driving conditions. Any truth to the wear concerns in your experience?
It's ap2 oem wheel spec and just for rears

And also tread wear issue was what I was concerning cause
It's more expensive plus if it wears down so quick then I could be paying triple of v12
Old 01-28-2016, 10:44 PM

you get what you pay for

my re71's are 10 times better than the conti dw I had.

if its your daily and you put a lot of miles on it then maybe you could consider a better tire than the v12's at the very least.
Old 01-29-2016, 04:46 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Tim Hoose
you get what you pay for

if its your daily and you put a lot of miles on it then maybe you could consider a better tire than the v12's at the very least.
What do you think about Michelin pss??
Old 01-29-2016, 06:07 AM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

the biggest 17" tire they make is 245/40/17. so 255s available. tread ware is not great, but they are very good tires. one of the best in the wet. they just don't last long. if you drive fairly aggressively, you can expect to not last long.
Old 01-29-2016, 06:40 AM

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Tim Hoose
you get what you pay for

this
Old 01-29-2016, 10:48 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by deception9

the biggest 17" tire they make is 245/40/17. so 255s available. tread ware is not great, but they are very good tires. one of the best in the wet. they just don't last long. if you drive fairly aggressively, you can expect to not last long.
But I am sure tread wear is much better than re71r?
I daily drive my car I don't want to change again in another couple thousands miles
Old 01-29-2016, 10:53 AM
Community Organizer

Received 554 Likes on 506 Posts

Originally Posted by Miata_Nut
Originally Posted by Couna777' timestamp='1454018210' post='23865394
Re71r or v12 evo
And it's balded !!

You can test grip right out of the box, but it takes time obviously to test wear and certainly over traditional street habits. Being that this tire is brand new on the market, no one has the full picture yet on wear-ability. But its pretty clear that if you want one of the best in road adhesion, then this is your tire. The v12 shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as the RE71 in any part of a tires comparative attributes. Therefore money/value is rather a moot point here.

Quick Reply: Help me to choose a tire !