Wheels and Tires Discussion about wheels and tires for the S2000.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fitment help and questions

Old 07-01-2024, 04:14 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Fitment help and questions

Hey guys,

I've been doing a lot of research browsing the forums and googling and I THINK I have in mind what I want and whether or not it fits. Want to run it by some of you experts in here.

I'm planning on ordering some Work Emotions ZR10 and I want 17x8 +35 in the front and 17x9 +32 rear (only offset for 9inch width other than +17). Tire wise I'm thinking Advan Fleva 225 front and 255 rear

Ideally I would like to avoid any fender modifications if possible. I plan to also do BBK (TL type S brembo) and lowering on coils (not slammed, maybe about 20mm or whatever to get the fitment to work).

Anyone here who has experience can chime in if this set up should be ok? Mainly clearing BBK and, if possible, no fender modifications are my two main criteria.

Thank you!

Last edited by Streetfury; 07-01-2024 at 06:18 AM.
Old 07-01-2024, 06:12 AM

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

Flush fitment and no fender mods at the same time is impossible. Pick neither or pick both.
Go look at your stock fenders. They have an inner lip that's directed inwards. If you want to keep that your wheels will need to be inside the wheel well by at least that amount plus some extra for clearance.
Old 07-01-2024, 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by Scigheras
Flush fitment and no fender mods at the same time is impossible. Pick neither or pick both.
Go look at your stock fenders. They have an inner lip that's directed inwards. If you want to keep that your wheels will need to be inside the wheel well by at least that amount plus some extra for clearance.
Got it, yeah I would sacrifice the flush for the sake of keeping my tabs. I also want to make sure that those sizes and offsets are not going to look funky either

Thank you for your input
Old 07-02-2024, 08:59 AM

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

If you want to keep the inside lip, the setup you are suggesting is waaaaaay to aggressive
I am running 17x9 +40 with a 255 and had to roll my fenders A LOT to make it fit, your setup is even more aggressive than that in the rear, in the front a bit less so, but still way too much
Old 07-02-2024, 02:51 PM

Received 1,315 Likes on 985 Posts

17x9 +32 is not going to fit with a sensible amount of camber, unless you buy fender flares or do something else drastic. A roll and tab relocate is not enough to fit this.

The car came with 17x8.5 +58 or something. You're proposing using a size which moves the face of the wheel 1.27" outboard.

17x8 +35 will fit up front, with a flat lip roll and cutting off most of the fender tabs. You will still need to be extremely careful when you turn/go up inclines/go down declines to avoid turning your fenders into bacon.

Trying not to be rude...you said you researched this fitment? Would that statement hold up in court?

Last edited by B serious; 07-02-2024 at 02:53 PM.
Old 07-03-2024, 01:47 AM

Originally Posted by Scigheras
If you want to keep the inside lip, the setup you are suggesting is waaaaaay to aggressive
I am running 17x9 +40 with a 255 and had to roll my fenders A LOT to make it fit, your setup is even more aggressive than that in the rear, in the front a bit less so, but still way too much
Thanks for your input. I'm glad I asked since I'm not sure if what I thought would work, would actually work. Unfortunately the wheels I like don't have a higher offset in a pinch width. With 8 inch they have higher offsets but seeing that OEM comes as 8.5 already idk how I feel about going with narrower wheels in the back....
Old 07-03-2024, 01:52 AM

Originally Posted by B serious
17x9 +32 is not going to fit with a sensible amount of camber, unless you buy fender flares or do something else drastic. A roll and tab relocate is not enough to fit this.

The car came with 17x8.5 +58 or something. You're proposing using a size which moves the face of the wheel 1.27" outboard.

17x8 +35 will fit up front, with a flat lip roll and cutting off most of the fender tabs. You will still need to be extremely careful when you turn/go up inclines/go down declines to avoid turning your fenders into bacon.

Trying not to be rude...you said you researched this fitment? Would that statement hold up in court?
Thank you for chiming in. With the sizes that the wheels come in, I'm limited to what can fit without fender mods. Worst case I am willing to compromise or consider smaller wheels. The wheels I want also comes in a 7 inch width which I can go with in the front and 8inch width for the rear but the stock ap2 wheels comes 8.5 already so not sure how id feel with going even skinnier in the back
Old 07-03-2024, 05:41 AM

Received 431 Likes on 322 Posts

Given the sizes you say are available, these wheels are just a bad option for an S2000.
Old 07-03-2024, 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by TsukubaCody
Given the sizes you say are available, these wheels are just a bad option for an S2000.
Yeah it's unfortunate. My friend who is a z enthusiast keeps making fun of me saying how limited options we have in comparison to Zs and other cars haha (assuming stock fender/no mods).

I'm starting to consider other options, similar styles like Volk CE28s since those seem to be more S2k friendly. I just need to make sure they'll clear BBKs
Old 07-03-2024, 08:07 AM

Received 1,315 Likes on 985 Posts

With that wheel style and those sizes...I knew right away that a Z person was involved somehow
The following 2 users liked this post by B serious:
jnewtons2k (Today), Streetfury (07-03-2024)

Quick Reply: Fitment help and questions