Wheels and Tires Discussion about wheels and tires for the S2000.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best way to get car off of cinder blocks?

Old 03-27-2003, 07:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Best way to get car off of cinder blocks?

When trying to get my car down off of cinder blocks (keep in mind the blocks are vertical, not horizontal, so the car is about 16" off the ground), I was wondering if there is a central jack point on each of the sides so that I can lower a side at a time. This sounds better, as I'm affraid trying to lower either the front or back first will result in either end scraping the ground because of the angle the car will be at, considering how high it already is. If I can lower a side at a time, I don't think I will have to worry about that high of an angle causing anything to scrap when lowering it sideways. Just wondering if anyone is familiar with/has maybe tried this on theirs (Xviper, I'm thinking you might have done this before, but I could be wrong). TIA, guys.
Old 03-27-2003, 07:41 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I would strongly suggest you lower the car in 2 stages front to back. Doing it side to side will be more unstable. You always want to use the longest axis, which is the length of the car.
Jack up the front of the car by it's central point under the engine. Turn your blocks on its edge such that the block's holes are verticle (for strength). Maybe put a thin piece of wood to minimize scratching. Lower the front down onto the shorter height.
Now go the rear using the rear diff jacking point and repeat as per the front. Now your car should only be about 7" or so off the ground. Now you can do it side to side as the angle won't be quite so severe. You will find that it is possible to jack the whole side of the car up using only one of the side jacking points as the car is very stiff. Jack it up just enough to remove the block at the opposite end, pull out the blocks and carefully lower to ground. Repeat with other side.
As a precaution, make sure e-brake is firmly set and tranny is in 1st or reverse.