Wheels and Tires Discussion about wheels and tires for the S2000.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Suspension for Bumpy roads

Old 02-28-2006, 11:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Suspension for Bumpy roads

Hi, I have researched alot about the best coilovers for the S, but everyone mainly gets them for track purposes. My main concern is the comfort and quality of the ride. I have heard some people mentioning about the BuddyClub Specs made for streets use and all the more expensive coilovers are more bumpy and for track use. I know you can tune the settings but I was wondering has anyone had the Groundcontrol/ Koni shocks combo? The roads here are pretty bumpy and horrible. I am in the process in getting an Xbrace and some sway bars to stabilize the chassis but I want something more for the bumpyness. All input are appreciated.
Old 03-01-2006, 05:50 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

The mods you're thinking of will tighten up the car and thereby transmit the bumps to you more directly. If you want more comfort you should look at loosening up the ride, not stiffening it.
Old 03-02-2006, 09:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Except that stiffening the car will allow the suspension to do its job, thereby making suspension tuning have more impact on overall ride. Think of chassis flex as an undamped spring. When selecting your parts, look for a shock that is adjustable and re-valvable as well as a spring that is a common size. Eibach is here in Riverside and as long as your coil-over uses a common size, they should be able to supply you with one that is a softer spring rate. Remember if you lower the car and use a soft spring, your suspension will bottom more easily (like all the time.) If you are looking for Cadillac ride, buy one, otherwise, remember that the S2000 is a sports car and you can't have everything. VTEC makes up for ride. Besides, in Wichita, you must have a very rare car. I did time in Nebraska and I can't say that I ever saw one on the road.