Wheels and Tires Wheels and Tires for Sale.
Mark this thread as Sold

IL/Chicagoland ugly OEM Winter wheel/tire set

Old 09-15-2015, 09:05 AM

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts
Default IL/Chicagoland ugly OEM Winter wheel/tire set

First Name: Chris Stack
Price: (Firm/OBO) $400 OBO

Cross posting from UMW Marketplace, hope that's allowed....

Plan ahead! Get your winter wheel and tire set now!!

I have a set of AP1 OEM wheels with Dunlop Wintersport M2s on the front and Wintersport 3Ds on the back. All 205-55R16s (yes, in the back too). Warning: these wheels are UGLY. The PO of them tried to paint/powdercoat them and they aren't very attractive, and using them through several winters has made them uglier in terms of chipping paint, etc. BUT, they're straight and true and not curbed, AND they're winter wheels! So who cares? They also function as Auto-X or track wheels, if you don't want the tires (but no, I won't dismount the tires for you, that's on you, it's a package set).

The rear tires are pretty worn, at/near the wear bars. I'd suggest you either replace them, or only use them on dry winter days when you're worried about temp, not snow. They will do a few hundred more miles max.

The front tires are indistinguishable from new with no apparent wear.

I'm asking $400, which is $100/corner. I'm willing to negotiate. Cash only. I'm in Arlington Heights, or I'll meet you a reasonable distance from AH in the NW burbs, say 20 miles in all directions. I'm big and ugly and carry nothing of value so if you try to lure me in a dark alley you'll be disappointed.

PM me or email me at chrisstack22 which is a gmail address, you know how that works. I'll reply with my phone number and we can figure it all out.

I'm selling because I don't drive my car in the winter anymore, and I'm remodeling a house so I need cash and have space to store wheels I don't use. Otherwise I'd just keep them, but I don't have room.

Pics below. White spots are paint chips.

99% sure that's paint wearing off NOT curbing.

Note almost to wear bar on rears

Terrible potato pic but basically no wear on fronts

More no wear on fronts

Annnd the other rear

Wintersport 3D

Front M2

Remember, ugly but perfectly functional!!