Want to Buy Looking for something? Post requests for parts in this forum. WTB Only.

SHIPPING TO APO/NOT GERMANY

Old 05-08-2005, 04:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SHIPPING TO APO/NOT GERMANY

looking for all the hot parts that everyone else has to convert my S from STOCK, but no one wants to ship to an APO Address, I'm a Active Duty US Soldier Stationed in Germany, 1st off there is no extra charge in shipping over here. Its really going to NEW-YORK and then to Frankfurt by way of the military. Can anyone help me out here. I really don't want to pay import taxes. its way too high! This is money I could spend on other top of the line parts. Any info can be sent directly to thomastawan@hotmail.com Venders welcome too. It drives me crazy to see great prices pass my eyes when venders wont ship.....Thanks
Old 05-08-2005, 05:19 AM

Sorry to hear that. If you need a part shipped to you, then you could ship it to a family member or a friend, and have them ship it to you. I know it's twice the cost for shipping, but it's an option.
Old 05-08-2005, 05:46 AM

Here is the issue you are facing with APO/FPO shipping. First off you can't track it and stuff gets "lost" all the time. It seams like anything of value is easily lost. So unless you can get the seller to send you another one you are pretty much out your parts and your money with no recourse.

Secondly, time is an issue, i've seen APO shipments take up to 4months to get where they need to be. So consider that as well.

Thirdly, There are size and weight conditions. So no exhausts or Superchargers or body kits. I can get you the exact figures if you would like.

You might want to direct the resellers to a freight forwarder like concordia or DFS. Or lookin to companies like ABF Freight, BAX Global.

My suggestion to you, is buy everything at once then have it air freighted to you in germany. You'll save on freight charges but you'll have to pay customs on the goods but you'll get them in a timely manner and in good condition.
Old 05-08-2005, 12:28 PM

Thanks allot for the replies, but not be like a know it all, but I have done some of the things you all suggested while I built my Prelude, I don't know about items taking 4 or 5 months. I usually get stuff in 7 days or so. What I'm really looking for is some vendors who don't mind using this system. That is the good old fashion US priority insured system... Thanks again for the replies though.
Old 05-08-2005, 05:07 PM

i have a new un used top secret exhaust... i will ship it anyway you want. let me know if your interested.