Vancouver Island Vancouver Island S2000 Enthusiasts

Who has their car still on the road?

Old 11-28-2012, 04:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I DD my car. Last year it was off the road for about a week. I spray it often at the car wash. I do have all seasons for the winter but mostly for traction in the rain. PwetNgManok please post in the correct threads or create a new one. This thread has to do with those that have their cars on the road.
Old 11-28-2012, 04:41 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Pictures are already down, so never mind.
Old 11-28-2012, 04:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DDonovan
I DD my car. Last year it was off the road for about a week. I spray it often at the car wash. I do have all seasons for the winter but mostly for traction in the rain. PwetNgManok please post in the correct threads or create a new one. This thread has to do with those that have their cars on the road.
Lolz i have my cars on the road. Haha anyways i saw a s last tuesday around 10 by uptown victoria. A white as well.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I respect those who have a different DD for winter or otherwise, it makes it easier to keep your fun car looking fresh, cuts down on maintenance and mileage, and it also gives you more freedom to work on it. I also find it depressing trying to keep vehicles clean this time of year. I'd have to vacuum every day to keep the needles and bits of leaves out of the interior and the exterior gets filthy every time it rains.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:04 PM

Still drive mine everyday. Only time I won't is if there's snow on the road.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by S2KSean
Still drive mine everyday. Only time I won't is if there's snow on the road.
Like you, I bought mine to drive. With the Blizzaks, it's the most fun I've ever had in the snow! I think this thing must be from Calgary..........
Old 12-07-2012, 05:33 PM

This is what my car looks like every winter for 13 winters. It's like that right now and has been unwashed for 2 months. And no, that crud doesn't eat the car away.
Dave D. - You've seen my car. Does it look like it's been eaten away?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qcajy6ez1i...%20S2K%201.jpg
Old 12-09-2012, 09:26 AM

it doesnt eat the car away but the more shit u have on there, when u go to wash it the higher chance u gonna scratch through the clear coat.... unless u get it repolished
Old 12-09-2012, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by cchris2k
it doesnt eat the car away but the more shit u have on there, when u go to wash it the higher chance u gonna scratch through the clear coat.... unless u get it repolished
You're kidding me, right? Your clear coat gets scratched after the first wash. My car is over 12 years old. It's silverstone. You'd need a magnifying glass to see the scratches. There are guys here who drive black S2000s through the winter, not to mention NSXs, $100K Porsches, AMG Benz's, big buck Audi's, along side $80K SUVs. I could care less about scratches in the clear coat. If I really cared, it all gets buffed out quite easily. But that would just be getting a bit too anal retentive for my shrink's liking.
The S2000 is a neat, fun car but it's still just a car. It's transportation from point A to point B. You use it when you need to use it. It gets dirty. You wash it. You polish it. You maintain it. You repair it when you need to. It depreciates. These things originally cost $50K. What do you think it's worth now? It's not a prissy little porcelain doll that you keep under glass (unless that's what you want to do with your own property).
Scratch the clear coat? I'm still chuckling over that one. Oh, and when you take your car out of its parking spot, there's a higher chance that someone will come along and smash into it. Best to just leave it parked.
Old 12-09-2012, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by xviper
This is what my car looks like every winter for 13 winters. It's like that right now and has been unwashed for 2 months. And no, that crud doesn't eat the car away.
Dave D. - You've seen my car. Does it look like it's been eaten away?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qcajy6ez1i...%20S2K%201.jpg
id be embarrassed if that was my car. and i certainly wouldnt be posting pics of it.

Quick Reply: Who has their car still on the road?