Vancouver BC S2000 Owners Meet fellow owners in the Canadian province of British Columbia.

Weather in Late August / Mid-September in BC, also lodging options.

Old 05-15-2004, 07:22 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Weather in Late August / Mid-September in BC, also lodging options.

Obviously, I check weather.com, however, I would appreciate an 'on-the-ground' view on the conditions I can expect in Vancouver (city), Whistler and Tofino (Vancouver Island) in late August or mid-September.

Basically, my wife and I are planning a two week vacation. We enjoy hiking and the outdoors, but no camping. I'm hoping the weather will be nice enough to enjoy a morning hike and then a afternoon by the pool or lake.

Also, would appreciate any input on lodging options. Looking for up-scale/luxury types, maybe lakefront??? Wickaninnish Inn, Four Seasons-Whistler, Fairmont Chateau Whistler.

Thanks in advance for all you input.

Michael
Old 05-16-2004, 08:28 AM

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Based on your hotel list, I would say you got it right. The weather should be really nice and dry at that time, but in Vancouver, you just never know. You should expect slightly cooler temperatures in the long beach area, and quite a bit of ocean mist in the mornings, but it is still very nice for going for a walk along the beach.

There is a new hotel in Yale Town called the Opus. I haven't stayed there, but I have heard that it is the new hot place in Vancouver for all the celebrities, so I figure it must be nice.

My personal favorite in Whistler is the Chateau Whistler. If you are going to do that, it is worth spending the extra for the club floors.

While not in Canada, there is a little gem just across the border in Washington State called the Inn at Semiamoo. It is really quiet, and would be great for a nice romantic couple of days, and if you like golf... it is fantastic! It is about an hour from down town Vancouver. I used to live there, and worked in Vancouver, so the trip isn't that bad.

Hope that helps.
Old 05-16-2004, 09:00 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Ahhhh, the west coast is BEAUTIFUL, especially at that time of year. My favourite time to go out there is actually in Sept. The west side of the Island in particular is rather spectacular. I envy you in your upcoming trip.