Vancouver BC S2000 Owners Meet fellow owners in the Canadian province of British Columbia.

Visiting Vancouver

Old 05-07-2003, 07:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Visiting Vancouver

Hi everyone,

I'm a fellow S2Ker from the San Francisco Bay Area, and I'll be flying up on Monday for 3 days to Vancouver for a job interview, and possibly for a future job relocation.

My first day in Vancouver will be occupied with the typical business stuff, but on Tuesday, I'm on my own to explore. I'll be looking for potential places to live, and all the other stuff associated with moving to a new location (good local bars as well )

The company that I might be working for is in Burnaby (Still Creek Drive to be more precise), and I was wondering if anyone could give me the heads up on some good places to live. Or any other advice in regards to moving to a Vancouver.

Any suggestions and input would be much appreciated
Thanks

P.S. Are the girls cute up there?
Had to ask
Old 05-07-2003, 08:41 PM

IMO Burnaby is a great area to live in too. Plus u don't have to drive too far to work everyday. Burnaby is pretty convenient to travel to other cities in the lower mainland, both with & without a car.

When u come up, maybe u can go for Holiday Inn at Metrotown Station Square. U can take bus or simply drive there(if u gonna rent a car). It will take no more than 15-20min to drive to Still Creek Dr.
Old 05-08-2003, 03:44 PM

Burnaby is da best! There's enough twisties here to make you want to drive your S2000 even in January

What's the company name? there are quite a few around Still Creek.
Old 05-08-2003, 03:58 PM

I can say anywhere in Vancouver is a good place to live.......
Old 05-08-2003, 04:00 PM

Originally posted by Indecision
Burnaby is da best! There's enough twisties here to make you want to drive your S2000 even in January

What's the company name? there are quite a few around Still Creek.
Hmmm... so far Burnaby seems like a pretty good place. Is it more residential or does it have some interesting places to go at night, or during the weekend?

You mean I can't drive the S in January due to the weather

I'll be working for LifeScan, a division of Johnson & Johnson as a Network Manager

Once again, thanks for all the info everyone
Old 05-08-2003, 04:55 PM

Burnaby is more like a residential area with some shopping malls around. There are some pretty good restaurants in the area like Cactus Club & Sammy J.Peppers etc. For clubs, pubs or bars u have to go to Vancouver or Richmond area. Especially Robson St. in Downtown, great shopping area and pretty much a nite life "capital" area.
Old 05-08-2003, 05:11 PM

Originally posted by spoonek4
Burnaby is more like a residential area with some shopping malls around. There are some pretty good restaurants in the area like Cactus Club & Sammy J.Peppers etc. For clubs, pubs or bars u have to go to Vancouver or Richmond area. Especially Robson St. in Downtown, great shopping area and pretty much a nite life "capital" area.
Thanks for the info spoonek4

And now to the important question:
Are the girls cute?

Old 05-15-2003, 10:37 AM

Well I just got from my trip to Vancouver, and I must say I really did enjoy it. Kinda reminded me of San Francisco but not as hectic and more spread out (the downtown area). My overall impression was that there are a lot of outdoor activities to do. On Tuesday, the company that I might work for took me hiking twice, and I even participated in Dragon boating (very fun)

Still undecided on where to live, if I go to Vancouver. My relocation agent recommended the downtown area, Yaletown, and parts of the west end. I heard that these areas can be kinda pricey though (what are your guys thoughts)

The people were friendly, and yes I did see some very cute girls

Still deciding if I should move up there, but if I do the transition should not be too bad (good thing that there are a lot of different type of food to eat up there).

Thanks to everyone for there input
Old 05-15-2003, 03:23 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by abzug
[B]Well I just got from my trip to Vancouver, and I must say I really did enjoy it. Kinda reminded me of San Francisco but not as hectic and more spread out (the downtown area). My overall impression was that there are a lot of outdoor activities to do. On Tuesday, the company that I might work for took me hiking twice, and I even participated in Dragon boating (very fun)

Still undecided on where to live, if I go to Vancouver. My relocation agent recommended the downtown area, Yaletown, and parts of the west end. I heard that these areas can be kinda pricey though (what are your guys thoughts)

Old 05-16-2003, 10:49 PM

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Hmmm... Pricey? Not compared to SF. Real estate up here is still a good bargain, too bad your dollar has taken such a big hit over the last few months. If you were a year earlier you would have been buying with a much stronger exchange rate.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by abzug
[B]Well I just got from my trip to Vancouver, and I must say I really did enjoy it. Kinda reminded me of San Francisco but not as hectic and more spread out (the downtown area). My overall impression was that there are a lot of outdoor activities to do. On Tuesday, the company that I might work for took me hiking twice, and I even participated in Dragon boating (very fun)