Vancouver BC S2000 Owners Meet fellow owners in the Canadian province of British Columbia.

Uh Oh... Shouldn't Darwin and Christy be back by now????

Old 11-12-2003, 05:43 PM

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Uh Oh... Shouldn't Darwin and Christy be back by now????

I thought they were due back last night... Knowing Christy she would be on the board the minute she stepped through the door. Hope all is well!
Old 11-12-2003, 06:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was just wondering the exact same thing this morning when I got on and did not see any new thread. And the board is literally deserted.
Old 11-12-2003, 07:07 PM

And Charles is busy on his school work. No one is posting any new threads.
Old 11-12-2003, 07:27 PM

Hey guys! Geppetto & Indecision: You guy's are so sweet!! You've noticed I was gone

Well, we did get back yesterday, and yes, I would of totally jumped to the computer the minute I came through the door, but.....sigh...I don't want to get into details, but my trip to California ended up.....not what I expected. Oh, no, don't get me wrong, no troubles with Ruby or cops or anything....just.....oh crap, ok, I'll say it....can never keep secrets....
well, picture this,....

which led us back to Vancouver without my expected "save the best for last" day in Beverly Hills.

And as for pictures....um....I was mad. So,...I erased all the pics that I took. So....I haven't been on this forum since I didn't have much to say. Though I missed everyone the whole time away. Seriously!

Ok...but here's what I can tell everyone:

Drove straight to San Francisco from Vancouver. Took about 17hrs. Arrived in San Fran around 5pmish. Went to bed at 9pm, to only wake up at 11:30PM thinking it was 11:30AM, and rushed out of our room. Was so weird, and we felt very dumb. It was pitch black outside too, and I couldn't figure out why it was so dark outside. I just presumed that it was said to be a rainy day, and maybe San Fran get's VERY dark and gloomy days Wasn't until I asked to check out, that the lady thought something was wrong with me I could of died in embarrasement!!

Drove to Orange County, Newport Beach from San Fran, and that took about 16hrs too. It was just pouring rain. I don't think I've experienced such heavy down pour like that in Vancouver even. I was still driving around 80mph and there were times when the car felt very floaty floaty. Freaky but very fun! I learned that SO2's are really bad in the rain. Absolutely no traction at all! But I guess that's what made the driving fun.

Got stuck in L.A rush hour for a few hours, since we headed into L.A around 5pmish. Just awful in timing.
Checked into Newport Beach around 9pmish. Oh! If you guy's ever go down to Newport Beach, you HAVE to stay at the Sutton Place Hotel. So posh, but really not that expensive. Awesome for the price!!

Next morning, we headed back into Los Angeles. Headed into Beverly Hills area. Checked out the "rich and famous" homes, drove right by the Wilshire Hotel, which I planned to stay in,....and then....ahh...the incident happened. So from there, we headed back NORTH, to home.

Stayed at some dump in Sacremento Had burger's AGAIN for dinner, slept....

Next day, made it to Eugene, Oregon ....ate at I-HOP, OMFG!! The worst place in the entire planet. Looked over the whole menu, and couldn't order anything. But ended up ordering a glass of orange juice & side order of mashed potatoes. The orange juice? Just watered down with ice! And the mashed potatoes? More like powder mashed potatoes....so soggy and soft, you didn't even have to have teeth to get that down your throat

I refused to get home a day early, so we did an overnighter in Seattle. Had lunch, and home we were in 4 hours.

Sigh....now you can see why I didn't rush to you guys?

Anyways, nice to be back with my doggie and kitty. Missed them like crazy. And all of you guy's too of course
Gone for 6 days, and realized that I didn't miss much on this forum. Very deserted, as Indecision said. Whatz up with that?

Anways2, I only saw 3 s2k's throughout our whole trip. 2 silvers, and 1 blue. 1 silver and blue on the freeways, and 1 silver at the Newport Beach shopping mall.

Well, that's all folks. Boring, I know. I totally thought I would have lots of pics and lots of interesting stories, but I don't. Sorry

Glad to be back though!!
Old 11-12-2003, 08:56 PM

I'm speechless

Don't sweat it though, it's totally unfair to expect every trip will be good. We too have had our fair shares of bad trips. Glad you guys made it back!
Old 11-12-2003, 09:03 PM

I could do that every day for the next week...or even month, and I still don't think I'll feel like I'm done with Darwin!
Old 11-12-2003, 09:08 PM

you can't do that! You'll start a riot if you our
Old 11-12-2003, 09:15 PM

Cong: I like your avatar!! Looks kind of like how my Ruby turned out in my phone screen!
Old 11-12-2003, 09:38 PM

Really though, try to make the best out of everything and don't sweat little things. Life is a lot better that way.
Old 11-12-2003, 09:44 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by JL9000

Quick Reply: Uh Oh... Shouldn't Darwin and Christy be back by now????