Vancouver BC S2000 Owners Meet fellow owners in the Canadian province of British Columbia.

Track events/Roll cage cusco

Old 11-18-2008, 06:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Track events/Roll cage cusco

Hey fellow s2kiers, Anyone have the cusco roll cage, and used it at mission. Did they allow it? Because i have stumbled on a full cage my self, just wondering if it will be sufficient for their standards. I have been told it is nasa approved so... rev
Old 11-18-2008, 06:26 PM
BKL

Cusco "roll cage" are not SCCA or NASA approved.

You would need to get something else. Running events at mission does not mean you need a SCCA approved roll bar. However, certain clubs do. Safest way is to get a north american rollbar made to spec, that way you can get into all events requirng a roll bar. THat is for the best anwyays, since Cusco isn't as strong as the ones made here.
Old 11-18-2008, 06:50 PM

Oh really, Because a reputable shop here in vancouver told me it was nasa aproved. Also they used it in their cars for track events... I might be mistaken though I might have herd wrong or mis understood from the reputable shop, my memory might be wrong so dont hold me to it. Basicly all i want to do is join solo race/track events. And am hoping the cusco will be sufficient.
Thanks BKL for your help so far. Also could you point me to the right direction for track events that will allow me with my setup. All i want to do is run my car hard withouht speeding tickets and indangering others. BTW its the full cage all. I know the tubbing is small and not the best but ive already purchased it and have to work with it. Thank you again
Old 11-18-2008, 07:05 PM
BKL

What you should be looking at more is SCCA, unless you are wishing to run in places that are far (California is probably the closest one). On the Pacific Northwest, club level motorsports is governed by SCCA as NASA does not have a pacific northwest region.

What are you planning to do with the car? If it is lapping you are looking at, or if you are just starting out, OEM rollhoops are just fine if you plan to track at mission. Only with certain clubs in the US do you need a SCCA approved rollbar. At mission, you only need a SCCA rollbar if you are planning to do solo I.

There are many complications of running a street car with a rollbar (not safe for your head in a street collision since you are not wearing a helmet), so I wouldn't recommend it unless you've thought bout it long and hard.
Old 11-18-2008, 07:08 PM
BKL

oops I didnt read the last part of your post. Ok so you've bought it. Then just install it and have fun. If you dont plan to compete, then its just fine. If you get to run with certain clubs in the US that require a rollbar, then hope for the best and hope they will let you in.
Old 11-18-2008, 07:08 PM

Its a track only car. I would like to keep the cusco roll cage. What track events will i be allowed at? Thanks BKL !!!! Keep the helpfull information coming
Old 11-18-2008, 07:21 PM
BKL

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=563941

Mikegarrison sums it up here.

Basically the clubs that indicates "requires rollbar" you would not be able to enter. However, they might give you an exception if you show up, but I wouldn't count too much on it. You could email the clubs for confirmation.
Old 11-18-2008, 07:22 PM

BKL FTW thanks!
Old 11-18-2008, 07:25 PM
BKL

Glad could be of help.
Old 11-18-2008, 07:45 PM

Btw what is broom stick test?

Quick Reply: Track events/Roll cage cusco