Vancouver BC S2000 Owners Meet fellow owners in the Canadian province of British Columbia.

Tire Price

Old 11-11-2009, 12:07 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

well I think rabid was just saying that S2000 should be driven with tires made specific for the season to maximize its potential. I do agree with this but I tend to stick with all season as I don't drive much during winter, and during summer I mostly drive on the street and don't do any autoX/tracking.

but yea, with all season, during summer you won't get the most fun out of s2k with all-season tires if you want to drive hard, and during winter you won't get the traction you want with all-season either, and can get really dangerous once tread goes down.
Old 11-11-2009, 01:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

While I agree that the S2000 is meant to be driven with sticky rubber, i also believe you should be buying tires based on your driving style and usage, not based on what you drive. If people are not doing any autocross/tracking and/or are wanting a good tire for the rainy season why not run a lower-performance, longer-lasting tire?

What annoys me is when i see people inquiring about and/or buying the newest, stickiest tires and then just driving around on the street. The grippiest of street tires ie) RE01-R, RE-11, Neova, Star Specs, etc. while being called a street tire is really designed for street tire classes in autocross and/or track driving and provide FAR more grip than is required for street driving. You are absolutely wasting your money buying these just to drive on the street as you can't use all the available grip and they wear faster than a less sticky tire.

For those who say they drive aggressively on the street and need the grip; I say give me a break. If you are using all the available grip these tires have while driving on the street you are driving way too fast and are asking for trouble.

Anyway, my point is; your tire choices should have more to do with your driving than what you drive.

I run RE01-R's on my S2000, but that is because i do alot of autocross and wanted the fastest street tire i could get at the time i bought them. I do not, however, expect to get alot of mileage out of them, nor do i drive the car in the rain much (well, ever when it's wet, now that the rears are almost done). I have Kumho Ecsta SPT's on the WRX (which are far less sticky and far longer lasting than the RE01-R's) and they provide more than enough grip for street driving while still being very good in the rainy season and are far cheaper than the Bridgestones. For the spirited street driving the car sees the Kumhos are far better suited than the Bridgestones on the S2000. And if i used the S2000 the same way i use the WRX i would have the Kumhos on it as well.

Oh, for the OP, i would try Tire rack as others have suggested or Talon Tire - they are located in Canada (Quebec) and often have prices comparable (sometimes cheaper depending on what the dollar is at) than Tire Rack. I have used both of them a few times and have been happy with both. Other internet tire places to try are 1010 tires or Tiretrends in Canada and Discount Tire direct or Vulcan Tires in the US. Hope that helps some.
Old 11-11-2009, 02:02 PM

CAD is .95 to one 1 USD right now.. US outlets seem like a good option right now. These guys have your fronts on sale.. their specials are sometimes really good.

http://discounttires.com/current_special_tire.php
Old 11-12-2009, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by s2000_vtec_mike,Nov 11 2009, 12:48 AM
fan boys lol good one/downshift to first
LOL someone got called out, where's that VTEC kicked in pic of RR from RS