Vancouver BC S2000 Owners Meet fellow owners in the Canadian province of British Columbia.

Some Interesting Things I Observed Today

Old 08-02-2003, 08:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some Interesting Things I Observed Today

[RANT]
Have you guys been caught by cops around A&J? While coming home from Automall today, I took the little streets surrounding the A&J area and noticed a patrol car parked inside one of the warehouses. This is the third time out of five drives through there that I've seen patrol cars hiding like that, and I can only come up with one reason why they're there all the time. The streets are well-paved and straight with little traffic most of the time, plus there are some tuner shops around there. I find that really annoying, because they aren't even suppose to be out catching speeding cars. Once I had a chat with a traffic officer and he told me patrol cars shouldn't be out making tickets unless it is a life-threatening situation. He said that was the traffic cops' job, and traffic cops only ride bikes. I've never been caught, but I can imagine how many people have suffered. That totally sucks. They should be out catching bad guys!!

Secondly, while waiting at the intersection to turn right onto Granville bridge from Richmond to Vancouver, i see this Ford Explorer there across the intersection in front of and facing me!! I thought, those are the people that are supposed to take the tickets from cops, not some enthusiasts testing their cars at a remote location. Anyway, then came a loud screeching sound, and I see a burgandy Impreza RS cornering hard to the right coming off the bridge, and an undercover van parked on my left side immediately went on to catch that guy. Okay, the Impreza guy deserved the ticket, but WTF? The Explorer doesnt? That sucked too.

I have less faith in our cops everytime I see them.

[/RANT]