Vancouver BC S2000 Owners Meet fellow owners in the Canadian province of British Columbia.

S2ki Track day at Mission

Old 06-27-2008, 07:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S2ki Track day at Mission

Let's see a show of hands how many people would go to an S2ki track day at Mission Raceway? Date would be for next year, most likely on a wednesday or thursday and cost would be around $275-300 as we would probably ask Driving unlimited to set it up.
Signing up for this does not mean you are committed, nor are we running one for sure. I just want to see what the demand is like and if we *COULD* make it happen.

1. SumAznGuy
Old 06-27-2008, 09:14 AM

Sign me up pls
Old 06-27-2008, 09:40 AM

Hell Yes! Sign me up!
Old 06-27-2008, 10:20 AM
Community Organizer

Received 77 Likes on 61 Posts

What needs to be done in order to prep the car for a track day?
Old 06-27-2008, 10:48 AM

alSpeed2k, you don't hav eto do a whole lot. Just make sure your car is in working condition and check that you've good tire/brake life left. Check your fluid levels too. Tire pressure you can top up before you go and deflate as needed when you get to the track because the PSI will increase as the temperature rises.

And yes, I would be in!
Old 06-27-2008, 11:28 AM

Im in, if i dont move back to Ontario :S
Old 06-27-2008, 12:55 PM

For track days, it is very important the car is in good running order and you have lots of brake pads.

Check your cooling system. Your car will generate a lot of heat from the brakes and motor, but when you are behind another car, there is not enough air flow for adequate cooling and your car can overheat if the coolant is not up to the task.
Make sure you have enough oil, and it would be in your best interest to get an oil change done before the event. The extreme heat can break down the oil which could lead to engine failure.
Brakes are VERY important. Mission is very hard on the brakes. It is best to use some high temp pads, but if you need to stock pads will be fine as long as you learn to brake early to spread out the heat. Brake fluid is very important. You want some high temp brake fluids. I use Motul RBF600. You want something that is 500 degree F or higher.
Make sure your pads and rotors have good life left. Last thing you need is to be going 100 km/h and find out you are out of brakes.
Tires need to have good tread, especially if it rains. Don't be surprised tire pressures will go up by 5-10 psi's. As the hotter the tires get, the higher the pressures will be.

Lastly, make sure you the driver are in good shape. ie sunscreen, water, proper clothing. Most clubs require long sleeved shirts, pants (non nylon) and closed toe shoes.

Most places will require an M2000 or SA2000 or new helmet.
Old 06-27-2008, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by ackja,Jun 27 2008, 12:22 PM
Not to highjack this thread but, since we're on the topic of track days at mission I thought I'd let you guys know about what our club is hosting.
I'll be out helping to run the event the day of.
ubcscc track day thread
UBCSCC has 4 more spots remaining for their July 16th 2008 track day. This event will be sold out very soon.
Fees: $25 annual membership
Event: $175

Tech requirements:
Ensuring your car is safe for the track is your responsibility - not ours. We will conduct a short technical inspection on each car on the morning of the event, however, you must prepare your car for this event in advance of the day of. We will not be torquing lug nuts on-site, however, if we have any questions about the mechanical soundness of your car, we may elect not to allow you to run - please be proactive and make sure everything in your car is up to the task . We will have a few loaner helmets available, if you are using your own helmet please ensure it is at minimum an M2000 or SA2000 certified helmet (same certification as for autocross use).

At bare minimum, you MUST flush your brake fluid before this event. All cars must have at minimum 50% brake pads remaining - if you dont know how to check this, any mechanic should be able to determine this in a few moments for little to no charge. There is no minimum tread depth required to accomodate those running race tires, however, under no circumstances shall there be cord exposed on any tire. In the event of rain, at our discretion we may disallow 0-tread depth tires in the interest of safety - if there is a chance of showers, make sure you have tires with tread available.
haha another one of these "Not to highjack this thread"
you just did!

its very easy to start a new thread
Old 06-27-2008, 02:15 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wed or Thurs in Mission is tough coming from Seattle. I'm sure you guys have the same problem coming to mid-week PR dates.
Old 06-27-2008, 06:26 PM

my apologies

Quick Reply: S2ki Track day at Mission