Vancouver BC S2000 Owners Meet fellow owners in the Canadian province of British Columbia.

Rant

Old 07-08-2003, 11:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes I'm agreed if i'm 30 and i'm still powered by mom n dad then i will be pretty ashamed too. Some of them are not too bad actually, I know some really nice guys n girls. Work & study hard and really do appreciate what they have.

I just don't like those who thought they're all that, being cocky, "smart-a$$ wanna-be" like kinda ppl.

Anyway feel sorry to hear what u've encountered. There are so many different kinda ppl around us. I had similar experience long time ago when I was in Calgary. 2 on u ignored him n took off.

Seems like it happens more often now since the economy went bad. People starts losing their jobs and etc eh?
Old 07-09-2003, 12:08 AM

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

OK, I got to do my teacher rant. This attitude develops in school. There are a large number of students out there that I know are heading for failure because they think they can get something for nothing. You should see the crap that students hand in today... It makes me sick to see such a large number of people who feel entitled to have society look after them.

I have to admit, I sometimes feel a little jealous when I see someone that has something nice that they didn't have to work for themselves (car from mommy and daddy), but I can get over that, particularly if the person is nice. I am a little concerned about instances where some of my students (let's call them less than motivated) have wealthy parents that reward them for doing nothing. I think there is a generation of kids that are going to destroy the wealth that their parents and grandparents have spent years accumulating. I have literally talked to kids that say they don't care about an education because when their parents die they will be rich... Now that is what I call love.

I also think that Navybean experienced a bit of racism, because I think that there is a general perception that younger Asians with nice cars got them from their parents. The thought that the person may have actually worked for their car never even crosses their mind.

Hmmm...

End rant
Old 07-09-2003, 12:10 AM

It's because you're asian.

Nobody has ever talked shxt to me when I've driven this car, or my roommate's 2002 C5.
Old 07-09-2003, 05:58 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by geppetto
I also think that Navybean experienced a bit of racism, because I think that there is a general perception that younger Asians with nice cars got them from their parents.
Old 07-09-2003, 09:07 AM

Originally posted by geppetto
You should see the crap that students hand in today...
wheeeeww... good thing I didn't sign up for any of your classes
Old 07-09-2003, 09:29 AM

Darwin's response to your encounter.

You look too nice, Alex.
It's better you said nothing to him, he had a chip on his shoulder. Life probably threw him a tough hand. Christine has had it tough too but she is still very positive and bubbly. Many people become cynical and blame the world. It happened to be you this time.

IGNORANT! A$$hole! can't see beyond himself.

I like Rick's response about physical violence but we've evolved beyond that now. Atleast most of the time. I'd be boiling over too

I had to work so I couldn't finish.

But really, looking at it from another side after the disgust and anger lessens, this guy inadvertantly gave you nothing but compliments. Too bad that doesn't make one less pissed. I'd be pissed but I'd have a smirk on my face.

Darwin
Old 07-09-2003, 10:47 AM

wow, what a discussion we've got going.

S2KVancouver: funny, but that's not my style.....

Geppetto: I think it's too early to write those kids off. I'm sure their perspective of the world will change as they grow up. I have to say, I didn't see all the responsibilities of life during high school and I'm sure most people didn't either.

Darwin: I think that's a good way to look at it, probably life threw him a tough hand.

Spoonek4: I see what your saying and because the HKD is linked to the USD, it makes things that much more affordable in Canada. Imagine if for the past 15 years, Americans that were qualified to immigrate to Canada (middle / upper class), immigrated to Vancouver with most of their chips, their spending power would be phenomenal.
Old 07-09-2003, 11:06 AM

You should tell that sorry ass he shoudln't have dropped out of highschool and smoke weed all day back in his days and perhaps now he can have a decent job and work hard and buy his "nice car". I hate those old caucasians jealous of young asians driving nice cars. I get that kinda of attitude here in White Rock alot. They may not have said anything to me ,but you can see it in their eyes. This is why when I go out to buy lunch in white rock, i take the van, that way I am conformed with everyone else.

I particularly feel the pressure when I had my BMW 328is and later a RED M3. I could sense these people wanting to say something about it.

It's a sad world. When you are poor, you get discriminated, when you are well off, you get discriminated also.
When I lived in Sacramento California people there were super discriminating. Kids were very brand name conscious. If you wear no name clothes they say you shop at K-mart and your family is on welfare. Then when you are rich and have nice things, people say you are a sellout and a spoiled snob. I guess the best is to be in a middle class family driving a Pontiac
Old 07-09-2003, 12:50 PM

You should tell that sorry ass he shoudln't have dropped out of highschool and smoke weed all day back in his days and perhaps now he can have a decent job and work hard and buy his "nice car"

Hey! I am one of those highschool dropouts!

>tears on the inside<
Old 07-09-2003, 08:19 PM

Originally posted by Jason00S2000
You should tell that sorry ass he shoudln't have dropped out of highschool and smoke weed all day back in his days and perhaps now he can have a decent job and work hard and buy his "nice car"

Hey! I am one of those highschool dropouts!

>tears on the inside<
Oh sorry.
There is really nothing wrong with beind a highschool drop out. I know a guy who is and is now super successful with his business. It's really the attitude of the person and how motivated he/she is that leads them to where they are in life.

Quick Reply: Rant