Vancouver BC S2000 Owners Meet fellow owners in the Canadian province of British Columbia.

Rant

Old 07-08-2003, 06:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rant

Don't bother reading this if you don't have time.

I was heading back to my car when I noticed some well dressed 30ish guy starring at my car. I walk by him and just get into my car. He walks over as I start my car and signals me to roll down my window and we have this conversation:

Guy: Is this your car?
Me: Yea
Guy: Tell me, what am I doing wrong?! All you kids drive these nice cars and I'm riding the bus. I can't even afford a car.
Me: Well, I don't know. *smiling to be polite*
*silence, tense, award moment*
Guy: You make me sick. *Points to exit* Now get outta here.

I drive off saying to myself, wtf. I worked hard for my car, and in the case of some people, even if it was given to them I would NEVER have hatred towards them. Nor would I make comments to strangers. I'm just wondering how does one have to be brought up to have hatred like that or to approach strangers with comments? What kind of beliefs go on in their mind?

This is exactly the reason why I don't like standing out, not that I am rich. It just pisses me off when things like this happens, it's kinda like a car accident if you ask me.

And I thought driving a Honda would help. Just imagine if I was getting into a BMW 320i 4 door or a A4 1.8T base model.

There, I'm done with my rant. Feeling much better now!
Old 07-08-2003, 07:02 PM

Yes, what a terrible world we live in. It sucks to have a nice car in a way. We have to worry about where to park it, and also have to worry about encountering people like that. People curse, people purposely drive like $hit to make u mad, and then there's people that hate your car because its so perfect looking...so they have to mark their signature key scratch on your car. Almost like a dog having to go pee at every fire hydrant!
Its quite depressing if you think about the way this world works. Some bitter people out there just totally ruin everything. I myself don't get like that if someone else has a nice car. We can never have the "best" car out there because there are new and faster cars that come out all the time. We can never keep up with the "car trend". We can only appreciate the beauty we have now, and respect those that have that 'ultimate' car.

I guess life sucks big time for people like that. And giving us a hard time makes them feel better. Though I think it makes them look like a bahambug? think that's what those grumpy bitter people are called.

Anyways, I'm ranting on too! I'd be pretty angry if that happened to me. I would of totally started a verbal discussion...but good for you for not giving that creep a time of day. You're such a better person than me

Take care Alex....
Old 07-08-2003, 07:17 PM

This happens to me and my kiddy face all the times. I too paid for my car with my mola. There are those out there just don't get it, and those that dos. These kind of people have the wrong mentality that's why they're where they are. Instead of working hard and chasing their dream, they sit and soak all day on why they don't have what others have. Obviously your time is better wasted in the car, no point arguing with them, just ignore, nod and walk away. They're just jealous.

Enjoy what you have and don't let these lunatics (no not Lunacy ) ruins your day.
Old 07-08-2003, 07:18 PM

eeek.. double
Old 07-08-2003, 07:35 PM

I totally understand what you mean. That's why I always try to keep a low profile and smile to everyone who look at me on the street. I don't want to look cool. This'll just make things worse. I mean I did pay part of the cost of this car, and I'm paying all the modifications and for gas and insurance as well.
Anyway, it's very rare someone does that to me. Most people are friendly and chat with me at the intersection.

I have nothing against people driving nice cars. I do, however, give big s to the rich snobs who know nothing about cars and think they have better cars because their cars are more expensive. I remember this kid who got a SL500 on his 17th burthday. Just a few days prior to his b-day he was asking people what he should buy. People suggested M3s and C32s, but he called them, and I quote, "c h e a p s h i t."

[/RANT]
Old 07-08-2003, 08:07 PM

Christy: Thanks

Indecision: I know what you mean, I have a baby face too.

JL9000: I guess there are showoffs and there are people who enjoy life for themselves. I think I'm the latter and so are you
Old 07-08-2003, 08:55 PM

Luckily for me I have never encountered people like that.
Maybe its cuz I dun drive it a lot, and I always try to avoid crowded area.

You made the right decision to ignore him and drive away. Talking to an ignorant person like that would be just a waste of time.
Enjoy your car.
Old 07-08-2003, 09:40 PM

Originally posted by JL9000
I have nothing against people driving nice cars. I do, however, give big s to the rich snobs who know nothing about cars and think they have better cars because their cars are more expensive.
I second that.

[QUOTE][B]I remember this kid who got a SL500 on his 17th burthday. Just a few days prior to his b-day he was asking people what he should buy. People suggested M3s and C32s, but he called them, and I quote, "c h e a p
Old 07-08-2003, 10:44 PM

spoonek4:
I don't think powered by mom n dad is a bad thing, is it? I know some people get offended by that, but I personally don't have anything against that. If I was the recepient I would be really happy and proud. But then again I guess it depends on your age, if I was 30 and still powered by mom and dad, I'd be ashamed.
Old 07-08-2003, 10:52 PM

Make ur body bigger....Next time.. beat the shit out of them....
if u have huge body(muscles not fats)..... even ur asain...
noone will say shit to u...
After i work out...and wear Black cloth... ppl just think..
i'm drug dealer...hehe

Quick Reply: Rant