Vancouver BC S2000 Owners Meet fellow owners in the Canadian province of British Columbia.

Making a parts trip to Vancouver...

Old 03-09-2007, 10:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Making a parts trip to Vancouver...

Hoping some of you guys could give me a hand with finding some parts...

I need to make ONE trip to Vancouver to get a bunch of stuff for my S.

I need the entire right rear knee, upper and lower A arms, spindle and hub etc. I was wondering if anyone knows of a wrecker that would have them in Van.? Maybe grab me a phone number or a link to a website?

I am also needing a water pump. (maybe the same auto salvage place?)

Possibly pick up a set of axles as well, as I am starting to get a slight vibration from the passenger rear.

I have also PM'd a couple of you guys for some other aftermarket parts that I will get at the same time...

A set of wheels is the hard part. I would like a set of Volks CE48N with the correct offset etc. But any others that you all know of would be appreciated as well. I have been lurking the forum but it's hard to tell what is still for sale, and what is out there... so I figure, it's best to ask the locals.

If you guys don't mind putting in your two cents it would be appreciated...

TIA ~Brett

Edit: Sorry, forgot... also looking for an AP1 OEM style front lip, any colour, black or CF prefered.
Old 03-10-2007, 11:44 AM

Troubler,

Brett, there were two s2000s at a wrecker in Abbotsford -- I replaced my rear driveshaft+CVs which eliminated the vibration issue (search forum for worn inner CV, especially driver's side). Not too much left of one of them -- but you might still find the parts. Search online at their site.

And I recommend that you bargain with them!

www.importautorecyclers.com

exit South Mt Lehman Rd
L Simpson Rd
R Queen & then on R

Pro Truck & Van Recyclers
30746 South Fraser Way
Abbotsford 604 852 9499 or 604 857 0979

Pro Auto Recyclers
10645 120th St, Surrey
604 580 5551 or 604 580 5552

Also, regarding making a trip to Vancouver -- I used to get stuff shipped to Blaine, but now in Kelowna I get it shipped to Oroville:
http://www.bettasservices.com
Handy for stuff that doesn't ship to Canada AND a sweet drive down the valley (and no mountain passes with snow in case you aren't running winters).

I am going down to pick up my 18" OZ Superleggeras (staggered) tomorrow or Monday -- I can't wait!

I take it you are keeping your s? When we met you mentioned it was for sale. Let me know how its going.

Cheers, Duane
Old 03-10-2007, 11:19 PM

Ya I'm gunna keep it. I am selling the CRX that I have instead... I change my mind like I change clothes though....

I just want to change it (the S) up a bit this year...

Thanks for the links, some of those will come in handy. I will have to check with the import recycler on Monday. I know of one in Socal as well, so that Betta Services may come in handy as well...

Any more?