Vancouver BC S2000 Owners Meet fellow owners in the Canadian province of British Columbia.

Hello everyone!

Old 09-26-2008, 01:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hate CT too, but they pretty much have a monopoly on the Federal inspections. Since you have to take your car to CT for the federal inspection, you might as well get the OOP inspection done at the same time. However, if you're importing a car more than 15 years old, then you can take it almost anywhere. I've had good experiences with Midway tire on 72nd in Surrey for the OOP.
Old 09-26-2008, 01:40 PM
S2S

ya your right about the federal inspection although ive seen many cases where people recieved unnecessary fails on provincial inspections and im not talking about just one location, so everyone be carefull.
and just so everybody is clear for the fed inspection all they check is DRL, air bag warnings in french, tether bolts ( for baby restraints & convertables dont apply ) air bags and open recalls.
they dont even pull your vehicle in the shop!
Old 09-26-2008, 02:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ya that is what I was told too.
Old 09-26-2008, 02:15 PM
Community Organizer

Received 77 Likes on 61 Posts

I didn't know that! I know that CT will fail the vehicle if the tires don't have any tread left though, I had called a few of them to see if they have time to inspect my car and they told me they had just failed a car for that reason. My car passed w/ no problems though.
Old 09-26-2008, 02:35 PM
S2S

if you need a F.I. then you also need a P.I. and tires are checked during that inspection that is why P.I. is AKA a safety inspection.
if you look @ a form 2 ( F.I. ) it lists what needs to be checked and tires are not one of them.
Old 09-27-2008, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by SumAznGuy,Sep 26 2008, 08:19 AM
Being as most guys are anti-homo and would never admit they were a girl online, in fact most guys would be e-thugging online right about now, I would say you are a girl.

That's what I believe and nothing's gonna change it.
Dude, where's that e-thugging icon?!?!?!
Old 09-27-2008, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by VERN,Sep 26 2008, 09:01 AM
Welcome aboard!
Thanks fellow s2000 friend!!!

You going to the meet today in the afternoon?
Old 09-27-2008, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by WyattH,Sep 26 2008, 09:17 AM
what school do you go to? good luck this term.
ubc is fine, but yes, ginormous campus.

bubble tea keeps me regular.
I don't go to UBC, cuz the program I am specializing in is not offered there...in fact, only a few schools across Canada offers it...so it's a pain in the butt.

Bubble tea keeps you regular, wahahhahaha!

U like the bbtea stores in Vancouver or Richmond area?
Old 09-27-2008, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by alSpeed2k,Sep 26 2008, 10:14 AM
Not trying to take any business away from Duaine, but it would be much faster letting Canadian Tire do BOTH the Federal and Provincial Inspection. They charge a nominal fee for the Provincial Inspection, since they have to do the Federal one anyways (and don't they test for the same thing?). After visiting Canadian Tire, you could get your car insurance right away! Also, I can concur that their is a specific mechanic that is assigned for the inspection.

Hmmm, since you have the form already, you should get it done today, so you can make the meet tomorrow!
Haha, thanks for your tips! I know I will do Federal Inspection from Canadian Tire for sure...but not too certain about that Provincial Inspection yet.

Either way it's gonna be a long Saturday....need to fill up a chip on the glass windshield as well...I know if that's not fixed up I'll most likely fail the inspection.

Go take lotsa photos and post them up! I wanna seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee them!!!
Old 09-27-2008, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by DDonovan,Sep 26 2008, 10:20 AM
Canadian Tire is indeed certified for Provincial inspections. When I brought my car up from Florida I wanted BCAA to inspect as well before I picked the car up. BCAA told me that the Federal Inspection is a joke but the provincial one is good and BCAA said that most of the testing that they would do is the same as would be done at the Provincial so it was not necessary even though they hated turning away business. My Provincial was done by CT.
You did your CT inspections in Victoria right? I wonder if standard of strictness is the same or different compared to Vancouver standards....I've heard horror stories where ppl fail that inspection....which is quite sad, need to pocket out extra dough ($$$$$) to reinspect the car!

Quick Reply: Hello everyone!