Vancouver BC S2000 Owners Meet fellow owners in the Canadian province of British Columbia.

Hello everyone!

Old 09-27-2008, 10:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ok2000,Sep 26 2008, 01:13 PM
I hate CT too, but they pretty much have a monopoly on the Federal inspections. Since you have to take your car to CT for the federal inspection, you might as well get the OOP inspection done at the same time. However, if you're importing a car more than 15 years old, then you can take it almost anywhere. I've had good experiences with Midway tire on 72nd in Surrey for the OOP.
Thanks for your advice! Like I mentioned before....not sure if I wanna do the provincial inspection with CT....will see...decide as the people perform the federal inspection I guess?
Old 09-27-2008, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by alSpeed2k,Sep 26 2008, 02:15 PM
I didn't know that! I know that CT will fail the vehicle if the tires don't have any tread left though, I had called a few of them to see if they have time to inspect my car and they told me they had just failed a car for that reason. My car passed w/ no problems though.
Failing for not having enough treads on the vehicle.......rough deal for that guy....need to pay more $$$ for re-inspection....

Good thing yours passed with flying colors! Which CT did you go to?
Old 09-27-2008, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by S2S,Sep 26 2008, 02:35 PM
if you need a F.I. then you also need a P.I. and tires are checked during that inspection that is why P.I. is AKA a safety inspection.
if you look @ a form 2 ( F.I. ) it lists what needs to be checked and tires are not one of them.
Most prolly I'll still be visiting you for the Provincial Inspection....will keep u updated k?

I think earliest will be Tuesday morning, cuz I have class to attend in the afternoon!!!
Old 09-27-2008, 10:14 AM

If you absolutely refuse to use CT for the federal inspection, there is a list of independent facilities that can do the inspections here: http://www.riv.ca/english/Independen...on-Centres.pdf
Old 09-27-2008, 11:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rev's girl,Sep 27 2008, 09:59 AM
You did your CT inspections in Victoria right? I wonder if standard of strictness is the same or different compared to Vancouver standards....I've heard horror stories where ppl fail that inspection....which is quite sad, need to pocket out extra dough ($$$$$) to reinspect the car!
No my inspections were done when I got the car. I believe the Prov was at CT. My broker took care of all of it and I just went over to Van to pick up the car. I insured it and drove it away.
Old 09-27-2008, 02:26 PM

Holy leg humpers! LOL
A chick joins the forum and makes a intro post and it's the longest thread on the Vancouver board haha!

Anyway, welcome to s2ki!
Become an official member and help support s2ki.com
Old 09-27-2008, 02:31 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah.. pearl castle, estea, dragon ball, etc...
you?
Old 09-27-2008, 03:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by S2K_Mike, Sep 27 2008, 02:26 PM
Holy leg humpers! LOL
A chick joins the forum and makes a intro post and it's the longest thread on the Vancouver board haha!
ahah I was thinking the same thing, although chicks + s2k = hotness.

Welcome aboard and yes, GPW + red/black interior is the fastest colour!
Old 09-27-2008, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by ok2000,Sep 27 2008, 10:14 AM
If you absolutely refuse to use CT for the federal inspection, there is a list of independent facilities that can do the inspections here: http://www.riv.ca/english/Independen...on-Centres.pdf
Thanks for your tip!!!

Yeah, I pretty much kinda refuse CT...for the provincial inspection

They can be pretty picky....and I dont wanna pay extra $$$ to redo an inspection if I don't have to!!!!
Old 09-27-2008, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by DDonovan,Sep 27 2008, 11:58 AM
No my inspections were done when I got the car. I believe the Prov was at CT. My broker took care of all of it and I just went over to Van to pick up the car. I insured it and drove it away.
Ohhh........so you import the car from USA to Canada through a broker....I see

Did you use transport company like Searail to get your car over from USA?

Sweet deal....yep brokers can definitely do it for you...saves time for sure...

Still, I kinda like the actual procedural experiences myself....now that I have done it once, will know how to do it again in the future

Quick Reply: Hello everyone!