Vancouver BC S2000 Owners Meet fellow owners in the Canadian province of British Columbia.

Front license plates in B.C.

Old 06-09-2005, 07:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front license plates in B.C.

I will be moving to B.C. in the near future and was wondering how picky the authourities are re: front plates. Do many people try to get away without them and what is the fine if you get caught?
Old 06-09-2005, 07:15 PM

it is a must!
damn i had the bracket to put the lisence plate on the front because my car was originally from bc

sad to see u leave man!
what are u doing there anyways?
Old 06-09-2005, 11:49 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You need it, or the Popo gets on your ass!
Old 06-09-2005, 11:59 PM

Depends on where in BC you are moving to. I live in Kelowna, and have never had any problem with having my license plate off (it has been off for 2 years). Whenever I go to Vancouver though, I make sure to install the front bracket, and put the plate on before I go.
One time while going through a Counter Attack road check in Kelowna, the cop asked me why my front plate wasn't on... I told him "some kids were messing with my car, and the front bracket was broken, but I had a new bracket on order from Honda, and it should be here soon, but my plate was in the trunk if he cared to check". He smiled and told me to drive safe and have a nice day.
Old 06-10-2005, 05:09 AM

Thanks guys....I think that I will try the "plate in the trunk" routine....it is worth a try.

Jason, I am moving to Vancouver Island but will be commuting on a weekly basis to Calgary for work (for the remainder of this year) so I will still be a part of the Prairie Redliners community at least part time.
Old 06-10-2005, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by Monkei,Jun 9 2005, 11:59 PM
Depends on where in BC you are moving to. I live in Kelowna, and have never had any problem with having my license plate off (it has been off for 2 years). Whenever I go to Vancouver though, I make sure to install the front bracket, and put the plate on before I go.
One time while going through a Counter Attack road check in Kelowna, the cop asked me why my front plate wasn't on... I told him "some kids were messing with my car, and the front bracket was broken, but I had a new bracket on order from Honda, and it should be here soon, but my plate was in the trunk if he cared to check". He smiled and told me to drive safe and have a nice day.
that wont work here in vancouver....

they are smarter out here trust me, its not worth the $86 ticket...or maybe more now Im not too sure.
Old 06-10-2005, 02:19 PM

When I had my car checked over for BC (from Quebec), I was told by the ICBC station that there is nothing in the regs to stop me cutting the front plate size.

This I did, fitted in the grill and had no problem at all.
Old 06-10-2005, 03:04 PM

I live in Victoria on Vancouver Island and I have never had a front plate for either of my hondas for the passed 5 years... not one ticket... not yet anyway
Old 06-10-2005, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by Narcissus,Jun 10 2005, 03:04 PM
I live in Victoria on Vancouver Island and I have never had a front plate for either of my hondas for the passed 5 years... not one ticket... not yet anyway
I got a warning 4 years ago without the front plate on my Drivers Edition GTi VR6 when I went to Tofino

I guess that cop was pissed that I wasnt speeding so he have to warn me for something else
Old 06-10-2005, 05:12 PM

Sounds like it is worth a try....I'm a bit older so I usually don't attract the police like a younger driver might.

Quick Reply: Front license plates in B.C.