Vancouver BC S2000 Owners Meet fellow owners in the Canadian province of British Columbia.

Does dog shit butn grass?!!

Old 07-25-2003, 07:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry, I mean : does dog shit burn grass?

Was walking my dog tonight around the block and I had this fight with this anal, Italian old man! Here's this man watering his plants, and my dog decides he has to go take his poop right in front of the man on his lawn. Luckily I had my doggie bag. I had no idea he would freak on me. He was yelling and complaining that dog shit burns his grass, as he points to a few areas on his grass that looks slightly burned. I'm picking up my dog's shit, and he's giving me shit for other's that left their dog's poop on his grass. How unjust?!!

Then he was telling me that I should put my dog on a leash so he can poop on the street. Crap man, a dog has to go when a dog has to go. Most dogs here walk without a leash...the usual people that just walk up and down the street. Yes, for safety maybe its good for a dog to be on a leash, but my dog has been walking on this dumb street for over 2 years.

Anyways, for those of you with dogs.....seriously, does dog shit burn grass? I've had a dog all my life, and even at my parent's home-with 2 dogs and all...I've never seen shit burn their grass.

Just had to vent tonight. Well, even if dog poop did burn grass, I don't think it was very nice of that bitter old man to give me heck for something I wasn't even doing wrong!!! Grrr.......

Thank-god I'm leaving this block for the weekend. I guess I'll have to change my dog walking route from now on. I seriously don't get mad if someone's else dog poops on my grass as long as the owner's are responsible to clean up after their dog.

Imagine if my Luckypooh pissed on his yard? Should I of put my hand under my dog so I can collect my dog's urine so it doesn't get on his grass? Jeesseee...some people! U can't just help but hate them!!!!!
Old 07-25-2003, 07:32 PM
Muz
Former Sponsor

Sounds like BS to me. It usually leaves really green patches. Dog urine might burn grass though.
Old 07-25-2003, 07:44 PM

My mom has 5 in the house, they do not destroy the grass.. in fact it's good fertilizer! The pee on the hand can burn the grass. He's just being anal.. you're already one of the few rare people that pick up after their pet. We have a neighbour who's dog kept pooing at our drive way.. and I kept stepping on it.
Old 07-25-2003, 07:46 PM

Well it is the man's property, how would you feel if a dog pissed on your tires? It's not going to hurt the tires is it?
Old 07-25-2003, 07:57 PM

Originally posted by Indecision
and I kept stepping on it.
Old 07-25-2003, 08:22 PM

Originally posted by Indecision
My mom has 5 in the house, they do not destroy the grass.. in fact it's good fertilizer! The pee on the hand can burn the grass. He's just being anal.. you're already one of the few rare people that pick up after their pet. We have a neighbour who's dog kept pooing at our drive way.. and I kept stepping on it.
Cat's pee also. Had that problem in my backyard quite awhile ago.
Old 07-25-2003, 08:43 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by matrix
[B]Well it is the man's property, how would you feel if a dog pissed on your tires?
Old 07-25-2003, 09:20 PM

I guess what Matrix means is dog pissing on your own property. And he just used tires as an example. And dog pee shouldn't melt down the tires he guess?

Well I know how it feels. Some ppl are quite anal so yeah. Although it isn't as bad as the story Sean told us last time at the bbtea. I'd be piss if that happens.
Old 07-25-2003, 09:22 PM

I will pulled my dog out of that old man's property when I see my dog is going to poop on his grass..
But I am sure dog's shit won't burn the grass....
Old 07-26-2003, 12:09 AM

Actually yeah, the piss s up the yard. I can show you a pic of my front yard to show you how it damages it.

Quick Reply: Does dog shit butn grass?!!