Vancouver BC S2000 Owners Meet fellow owners in the Canadian province of British Columbia.

Anyone driving the S2K in the winter?

Old 12-24-2008, 03:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LMAO...Potenza RE-01R's FTW ! ! !

[URL=http://s53.photobucket.com/albums/g62/grow-op/?action=view
Old 12-26-2008, 02:54 PM

I am getting sick of all the people with all-season tires that think their tires are good enough.
I am sick and tired of all the people who go 10 km/h and drive in the middle of two lanes because of the little bit of slush.

I am driving my S2000, and I can make it from a standstill going uphill. If this isn't proff of the merits of snow tires, I don't know what is.

(/rant)
Old 12-26-2008, 03:31 PM
Community Organizer

Received 77 Likes on 61 Posts

I didn't drive the S today, but I know what you mean Edwen!

I hear it all the time! In fact I read it on other sections of this board, "....I drove all the way from here to there with my summer tires!" I'm like, wtf!, you're damn lucky to be alive.

A couple of days ago I helped this lady that was stuck in snow. She was driving a Corolla with A/S and she had small children in the car. I don't know what was so important that she had to take the risk driving out in those conditions. If she was running out of groceries, surely she knew it was going to snow before hand and should have bought things in advanced!
Old 12-26-2008, 06:49 PM

It's so funny. The irony of life. I tried to go to a local SPCA to adopt a dog, and they turned me down because I work 10+ hours a day and would not be home enough to take care of a dog, yet I can go to a pet store and buy one.
I would need to jump through hoops and show I have the money to adopt a child, yet some 12 year old can get a girl pregnant, and some homeless bum on Hastings can get his alcoholic cocaine addict of a girl friend pregnant.
You need to get a lisence to drive, and they claim driving is a privillage yet snow tires are not manditory when it snows, especially when it snowed this much this year.

The government should implement some sorta penalty/charge to help pull people out of the ditch/snow banks because the drivers didn't have snow tires.

Hell, my co-workers have the money to buy snow boarding gear yet they refuse to buy snow tires using the excuse they have no money. They get all mad becasue they were not allowed up the mountain due to the snow.
Old 12-26-2008, 10:32 PM

Ditto AznGuy, some people actually disbelieve me when I tell them how good snow tires are. 100% of people I talk to are so surprised that I am driving my car in the snow and that I can actually make it anywhere! I've had people say that they heard snow tires don't make much of a difference anyway. I've had people tell me that this is Vancouver, it doesn't snow enough to make it worth it to get winter tires. I too, have heard MANY people tell me with complete confidence that they have all seasons on. I drove past a stuck BMW with rain tires on and the guy looked at me and told his girlfriend "what the heck? Thats an s2000 driving around!" And then you hear about ''chaos'' and ''disaster'' all over the news. Sigh, oh well, they'll learn someday I hope. I confess I was one of those idiots last year who kept my s-02's on in winter under the premise that it hardly ever snows in vancouver. After a near accident on the Alex Fraser during a freak 5 minute snow/hail storm which thankfully no one and nothing got hit, I learned the hard way. All you can do is hope these people do too. Till then, I'll keep blowing past them on the roads and leaving them wondering why the heck they're not able to drive as fast as a small, RWD sports car.
Old 12-27-2008, 12:14 AM
Community Organizer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^^

Vancouver doesn't snow enough to make it worth it.......i still agree....but by this i meant that for the days that its snowing...you could just chill at home...cause at most its a week....atleast...before the blizzard from upnorth.....

my car is doing perfectly fine with summer tires...i dunno wat u guys are talking about.......its parked
Old 12-27-2008, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by rk604' date='Dec 27 2008, 01:14 AM
my car is doing perfectly fine with summer tires...i dunno wat u guys are talking about.......its parked
Lol
Old 01-01-2009, 11:42 AM

Last night was looking good so I decided to take the S out. All the roads were paved and it wasn't raining. A little after midnight, I got caught in the brief snow storm on my way home. I was up on a hill and the light turned red. I braked and the car comes to a stop. Then my car started to slide backwards, with my brakes fully applied. I pulled my ebrake and my car kept sliding. Luckily no one was behind me so I gave it some gas but then VSA came on. It wouldn't let me go past 10km/hr. I was really lucky no one was behind me.
Old 01-01-2009, 12:03 PM

noob question whats VSA?
Old 01-01-2009, 12:19 PM
Community Organizer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

vehicle stability assist?

Quick Reply: Anyone driving the S2K in the winter?