Utah S2000 Owners S2000 Owners from Utah

SCCA club trials april 5-6th

Old 03-31-2008, 09:33 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default SCCA club trials april 5-6th

From a coworker, here's info on the SCCA trials coming up the first weekend in April. It sounds like fun, so though I won't be there, I thought maybe someone would want to be.

And does anyone know if we have issues with our stock rollbars not meeting spec?

From: race-announce-bounces@utahscca.com [mailto:race-announce-bounces@utahscca.com] On Behalf Of Dave Kizerian
Sent: Sunday, March 30, 2008 11:36 AM
To: race-announce@utahscca.com
Subject: [UtahSCCA Race-announce] April 5th and 6th - Club TrialsREGISTRATION NOW OPEN!!

Supplemental Regulations are back and we're ready for next week!!

Registration is open for the April 5th Intermediate/Advanced, and the April 6th Beginner/Intermediate day.

Online registration links are at
http://forums.utahscca.com/showthread.php?t=5337

More information about these events can be found at
http://forums.utahscca.com/showthread.php?t=3776

Thanks and I look forward to another great season!

Dave Kizerian
Utah Region SCCA
Road Race Coordinator
Old 04-01-2008, 12:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was at the track this Saturday and ran into Brian Miller. We talked about open track days and club trials. I also went to the SCCA meeting on Saturday. All together there are a bunch of opportunities to get out on the MMP track. I posted a schedule on the other thread.

A couple things cought my interest. He said that the stock bars are fine for open track but not competition. Your car has to pass some sort of inspection (not sure when this applies). And people strongly suggest doing some brake work. At the least a change of fluid to Motul RBF 600. Some suggest changing pads.

I have started to work on my car and have wondered if anyone else would be interested in working on their cars.

It might be easier to do some of this work together.

msm_s2k has offered to go to an open track day and help out less experienced drivers. There may be others willing to help also.

I'm all over this idea like white on rice.

The next date that I will be available for is April 15th.
Old 04-01-2008, 05:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will almost definitely be there, both Saturday driving and Sunday instructing. Regardless I will be there Sunday instructing. Gotta get my summer tires put back on and some new high-heat brake fluid put in, nothing ruins your day more than boiling your brake fluid.
Old 04-01-2008, 06:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by UT_Evo,Apr 1 2008, 06:16 AM
I will almost definitely be there, both Saturday driving and Sunday instructing. Regardless I will be there Sunday instructing. Gotta get my summer tires put back on and some new high-heat brake fluid put in, nothing ruins your day more than boiling your brake fluid.
Except losing a motor ...