Utah S2000 Owners S2000 Owners from Utah

New and wanted to say hello.

Old 04-18-2009, 09:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New and wanted to say hello.

I bought a 2000 S2000 BB in October. I've been lurking here for a while (too lazy to type, I just like to click). I wanted to say hello and I also had a question...

So, hello

and...

I put my top down and forgot about the cold temperature outside and I am now rocking the clear packing tape window mod. I'll have a new top with the glass window in May. I was wondering if anyone knows a good place to have it installed or has anyone installed one themselves and would like to be paid to do mine with me helping? What do you think the price for labor would be? I've read the write up on it but I don't have anywhere to do it as I have to park on the street.

Thanks for the help.
Old 04-19-2009, 04:57 AM

Did you buy your s from a guy named steven? probably not actually. I'm not sure if I know anyone locally that will do it. but WELCOME!
Old 04-19-2009, 07:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome .... I don't know of anyone that ever replaced their old top with a new one. There used to be (probably still is) a thread on S2KI about doing the replacement yourself. Search the under the hood FAQs and forum.
Old 04-19-2009, 07:58 PM

Thanks for the welcome guys.

I bought it from a used car dealer. He had it for months and couldn't figure out why it wasn't selling. He explained that you have a high level of driving skills to be able to drive a S2000 and that most people can't handle it, that's why it hadn't sold. I had heard this but it mainly applied to extreme track driving. I test drove it and it was kind of scary. The back end would kick out going on off-ramps and it felt very twitchy. It didn't matter though because I am going to replace the suspension and wheels anyway. The carfax was clean and I had it checked by a mechanic all was good, no signs of an accident or abuse and only 43,000 miles. So I told him $11,000 and he's got a deal. I took it to Firestone had the lifetime alignment done and now I'm only replacing wheels Alignment was way off!! Positive camber!!!!!!!!! He could of probably got another $2000 out of it if he hadn't aligned it himself

I have read all the faq's and DYI's on the top install and it's pretty straight forward. I was just wondering if there was anyone with experience that I could commision to help. It's a 10 - 12 hour job for 2 people is what I read. A little intimidating honestly. But, I'll bite the bullet.

Thanks for your replies. Maybe I'll see you guys at Starbucks next week.
Old 04-20-2009, 02:27 PM

Holy crap 11k! Super awesome deal, I want one! Congrats man.

Look forward to seeing you at Starbucks, good luck on the top.
Old 04-20-2009, 03:42 PM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Were there any mods done to it? Thats an awesome price! I picked up mine for 13,500. It came with a hardtop .
Old 04-20-2009, 06:42 PM

I wanna convert my car to a hardtop only track car and I have a 2004 glass soft top on it in perfect conditions. Any chance you are interested in my soft top and motors?
Old 04-20-2009, 06:42 PM

No mods. Bone stock. The top was/is a little hagard and they had just put on new Falkens. I like it alot. Only things I've done to it are Voodoo Titanium shift knob. new center console, gutted air box with K&N filter.

Upgrades soon to come are: New top, K&N FIPK, exhaust (don't know which one yet), Muz floor mats, hopefully a set of 949 racing wheels, and a new paint job. I'll do suspension and brakes as they fail.

I want a hardtop for next winter, but they're so expensive.
Old 04-20-2009, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by CourageOO7,Apr 20 2009, 06:42 PM
I wanna convert my car to a hardtop only track car and I have a 2004 glass soft top on it in perfect conditions. Any chance you are interested in my soft top and motors?
Possibly, I was looking at the EZ top at topsonline. It's pretty cheep but OEM would be nice . PM me a price. Thanks!
Old 04-21-2009, 11:45 AM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I found the K&N FIPK for a decent price. I'll pm you the links.

I just picked one up and stainless braided brake lines for mine

Quick Reply: New and wanted to say hello.