Utah S2000 Owners S2000 Owners from Utah

need help about utah

Old 11-14-2006, 10:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default need help about utah

hi fellows, i m planing to go to salt lake city during the thanksgiving , need help what to see , where to go , what should we do , where to stay, just i want to enjoy my free time with my gf, i dont have any idea but i heard that salt lake city is pretty cool , i hope someone can help me , thanks kaan
Old 11-15-2006, 01:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 11-15-2006, 08:30 AM

What kind of a place and what is your budget for a place to stay? Give us an idea of what you're interested in and we can give some suggestions.
Old 11-15-2006, 08:36 AM
sfs

quick pm sent
Old 11-15-2006, 09:43 AM

my budget cant pass 350 or 400 per each person, we r going 2, and want to do lots of fun thing , i can stay at middle class hotel , want to see zion and i already bought tickets for

jazz & los angeles LAKERS wuuuuuuu
Old 11-15-2006, 10:23 AM

I'm not up with what hotels are pimp or not since I usually don't stay in hotels here, but the Grand America is a nice place, as is Hotel Monaco. Those are probably on the upper end of the price scale. Check http://utah.citysearch.com/ for hotel info. As far as going to see Zion national park. That's a good 4 hour drive south from Salt Lake. So if you're only going to be here for the Thanksgiving weekend I'd stick to northern Utah. I'd go hang out in Park City which is only 20 minutes away.
Old 11-15-2006, 11:11 AM

Zions is beautiful, but as Euclid points out it's a long drive. Might make more sense to spend the short time you have in town up north. Jazz / Lakers game will be a lot of fun. Staying downtown SLC is not too expensive, but some of the more interesting hotels and night life are up at the resorts such as Park City. Park City is a 30 to 45 min drive from SLC. If it was me, I'd stay up there. Excellent restaurants, good night life, interesting shopping ... resort town like setting. My wife and I have stayed a few times up at the Goldener Hirsch hotel. It's a 4 star hotel that is built and run like an Austrian-style inn. It's actually modeled after the original Goldener Hirsch Inn in Austria. Rooms can sometimes be found at a substantial discount ... though that may be a challenge over Thanksgiving. It's my favorite hotel in Utah.

My wife really enjoys shopping on mainstreet in Park City and at the outlet mall up there. I don't really enjoy shopping anywhere except for go-fast parts for the car. There are also galleries up there on main street. Also the best place in Utah for restaurants, bars and nightlife.

If you don't mind spending a lot of your time on the road and a lot of your budget on gas, a trip down to Zions or Arches National Park or both is a great roadtrip. If I had to choose just one, I'd pick Arches over Zions.
Old 11-16-2006, 12:20 AM

Yeah i would stay in park city also. My favorite hotel is HOTEL PARK CITY. Very nice but pricey. 275-2250 per room per night. But even the lowest room comes with a seperate living room and surround sound
Old 11-16-2006, 11:37 AM

i picked the hotel and made a reservation (radisson) it stay there 3 nights (22-23-24) and move to south (bryce) now planing like this , 25th night at bryce and sunday early morning depart , drive on vegas and highway 5 N , 24th night we gonna watch NBA game , and when we get hotel i can talk with their custemer service i think, but i ll visit temple and malls in downtown , maybe i day ski&snowboard but not sure , thank you for all you guys

if you have meet between 22-24 we can come and visit
Old 11-16-2006, 01:30 PM

The Gateway (outdoor) mall downtown is nice. The other ones pretty much suck and will be under going complete renovation soon. Temple is beautiful ... but the missionary folks are a bit creepy IMO. The x-mas lights will be all setup on the grounds there though so it's well worth a visit.

Quick Reply: need help about utah