Upper Mid-West S2000 Owners Members from the upper mid-west including Michigan, Illinios, Indiana, and Wisconsin

Whip Factory in Plainfield, IL STOLE MY MOTOR

Old 05-07-2009, 01:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So you're pissed because you slacked off and they're not a storage facility.

I mean, let me get this straight, you left your engine there for how long? There's a period of time in which its considered abandoned, i can't recall the days but im willing to bet you left it there longer than it was supposed to be.
Old 05-07-2009, 08:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LOW_pez,May 7 2009, 04:10 PM
So you're pissed because you slacked off and they're not a storage facility.

I mean, let me get this straight, you left your engine there for how long? There's a period of time in which its considered abandoned, i can't recall the days but im willing to bet you left it there longer than it was supposed to be.
how did he slack off? he said he made attempts to pick up the motor and no one was at the shop for him to get his stuff? that would be like me watching your car and youre trying to come pick it up but im not at home to let you get into the garage to get your car. therefore youre slacking.

sorry to hear that happen. good luck with everything.
Old 05-08-2009, 09:12 AM

[QUOTE=roflitzjinno,May 7 2009, 08:22 PM] how did he slack off? he said he made attempts to pick up the motor and no one was at the shop for him to get his stuff? that would be like me watching your car and youre trying to come pick it up but im not at home to let you get into the garage to get your car. therefore youre slacking.
Old 05-08-2009, 09:30 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is what sux about car shops. I did not know but i had my car painted at a painting shop. We will call them XXX. The day they called for me to pick my car. I said hey so where is my bumper that was smashed up. Cause they were painting a new one. They said "oH we pitched it" then he said its gone. WHats worse he said there was a break in and i lucky my car didnt get anything stolen from it cause they would not be responsible. After that everybody shop i take my car to. If they dont sign responsiblity of my car. Then y the heck am i doing business with them. SO they wont agree to much but i make sure they lock it and my insurance agent gets a call on drop off and pick up. sorry to hear that this is the kind of business that people get. It really deters me from trusting anyone from working on my car....
Old 05-08-2009, 10:08 AM

You need to stop making threads about this! No one gives a shit about your story. How does it take you that long to pick up a motor? I wish they would of charged you storage fees.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by SentTwoKill,May 8 2009, 10:08 AM
You need to stop making threads about this! No one gives a shit about your story. How does it take you that long to pick up a motor? I wish they would of charged you storage fees.
lol, exactly! Every other forum I go to, this tool has made a thread about this. The kid was lazy and wants the shop to pay for his mistakes.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:38 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

NyQuiLMay 6 2009, 04:15 PM
"Maury, I'm here to prove that whip factory is my baby's daddy!"

Maury: "Whip factory is not your babies daddy"
Old 05-08-2009, 10:47 AM

Received 70 Likes on 49 Posts

I'm adding my .02 in this matter only because it's my opinion that the OP is getting unjustly lambasted on all the sites I've read about his situation.

I've been around the import game in Chicago since '92. This doesn't surprise me one bit. Shops (body shops, tuning shops, and mechanics have been doing this to tuners/owners as long as I've been in it.

For all those discounting the amount of time the OP took to pick up his motor, you all don't know all the details as he knows them. For the OP, maybe you should post all the details to garner sympathy. I understand your intent is to warn others to stay away from Whip Factory and that's noted.

I've gone through a similar thing with the original shop that attempted my K20 swap in my old Integra. They kept my turbo b18 for the longest time and then finally got fed up and tried to pick it up. Apparently they had already sold it to someone for less money to one of their customers than I thought it was worth.

I didn't take kindly to that, threatened a lawsuit with a lawyer I keep on retainer. I got the full value of my turbo setup/motor/transmission/exhaust very quickly. I then later met the kid that bought my old setup....come to find out he bought it for almost double what I thought it was worth. The shop really tried to make money on both ends.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:48 AM

Received 70 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by LOW_pez,May 8 2009, 01:22 PM
lol, exactly! Every other forum I go to, this tool has made a thread about this. The kid was lazy and wants the shop to pay for his mistakes.
Stop with the personal insults.
Old 05-08-2009, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Luder94,May 8 2009, 10:48 AM
Stop with the personal insults.
Sorry for calling him a tool.

But on every other site he threads on, it shows that he was slacking on it. When he replied to comments on the other sites, proved it even more. If there is more information he isn't sharing to make him look like a "victim", that's wrong.

Seriously, why do people think that when they pay for a swap, that it's an automatic for the shop to allow them to store whatever there for whatever amount of days for free?

I find it very hard to believe that for 8 months he could not get ahold of the shop or couldn't find a car/truck to pick it up.

Quick Reply: Whip Factory in Plainfield, IL STOLE MY MOTOR