Upper Mid-West S2000 Owners Members from the upper mid-west including Michigan, Illinios, Indiana, and Wisconsin

when do you start driving the S again?

Old 01-13-2006, 04:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will have mine out in time for Wake The Dragon 06, probably April 1st. Currently it is in a local storage facility with the minimal insurance coverage. I stop by every couple of weeks to run it for 30 minutes or so and roll it to a new spot on the tires.
Old 01-13-2006, 01:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I took the coverage off of mine on Nov 16th, driving my 103hp econ car. Ratess for storage in my garage are less than 1/3 of driving it. I still try to drive the econ car it like the S but it is way scarier at 80mph on tower drive bridge in highwinds.

I will start driving the S in late march/early april and never when there is a chance of snow (even if that means JUNE).

I start it up and back it out of the garage every month, it is so different than every car I have ever owned, it is almost alien 2 months with out now.
Old 01-13-2006, 07:01 PM

Around the Detroit area, the presence of snow means SALT. Just because Detroit sits over a huge salt mine, it's a license for the road commission to spread that stuff everywhere! I plan to keep my S (in excellent condition) for many years... no vehicle is safe from the corrosive effects of salt! THEREFORE, the S won't wake up until after the April showers remove that insidious compound.
Old 01-14-2006, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by Pruhnke,Jan 13 2006, 08:29 AM
I will have mine out in time for Wake The Dragon 06, probably April 1st.
for WTD
Old 01-25-2006, 07:51 PM

I can't wait until April also. I saw a guy driving his last week and was jealous. The roads have been great so far in January in Minnesota. However, my tabs are expired and it's still on storage insurance. Someday I'll live somewhere I can drive it all year round. However, it's a great feeling pulling out every spring. It's like driving a new car off the lot because I only get 6 months to enjoy it.
Old 01-26-2006, 06:19 AM

I don't know what to do with mine. I've only owned it now for 6 days. I drove it 1000 miles home after picking it up and swore that I would be fine leaving it in my garage until April. Now I almost can't stand it anymore and want to drive it again.

I'm guessing that I will not be able to stand it and will be driving the car again tomorrow. I mean it's going to hit 50 degrees in Chicago tomorrow, so how can I not drive the car?

Luckily I have a hose in my garage, I will just have to wash off the bottom of the car to get some of the salt off of it.
Old 01-26-2006, 06:56 AM

i'm seriously getting the itch. i might have to even put the insurance back on at the end of feb just in case we get a few nice days...
Old 01-26-2006, 07:07 AM

I know how you feel ... when I bought my S I drove it for 2 days and then put it into storage for 5 months
Old 01-26-2006, 07:15 AM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by saluki9,Jan 26 2006, 10:19 AM
Luckily I have a hose in my garage, I will just have to wash off the bottom of the car to get some of the salt off of it.
Luder94 had one good idea, and that was to put a garden sprinkler on the hose and put it under the car. Then let it run. It will arc back and forth and help wash of the undercarraige.

I might be busting mine out a little early, mabey mid-March so I can finish up a couple of small mods. Hopefully I will be able to spend more time driving my car this year, then modding the car.
Old 01-26-2006, 09:27 AM

I don't know how you guys go about not driving the car. When I first got my car, I would give myself excuses to go out and drive the car, granted it was May, but still. I'd say to myself, I need to stock up on some contact solution.... drive to the grocery store.... I need a magazine... drive to barnes... any and everything. I just couldn't stop driving it.

Especially if you just got the car. How could you not drive it? She's beggin you... haha

Quick Reply: when do you start driving the S again?