Upper Mid-West S2000 Owners Members from the upper mid-west including Michigan, Illinios, Indiana, and Wisconsin

What a wonderful way to start the new year

Old 01-02-2007, 06:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rich04,Jan 2 2007, 03:54 PM

Well shit Farmer's is hookin it up. Local rep hooked me up with everything but a dick sucking....

Farmers certified body shop is doing the repairs, anything at all that was messed up in the accident, no questions asked...even the tear in the soft top (thanks LS ) So I'm taking it in tomorrow morning to the shop (Gerber Autobody) and they are having an enterprise car pic me up and hook up up with a ride til it is all fixed. The guy claimed complete fault and insurance company said don't worry about a thing. Hopefully they do decent work, especially with the paint matching. I doubt they would swing for me putting on an 02 top though
NICE!!!!!!!!!!!

see if you can squeeze in and have a front lip and side strakes painted GPW for me
Old 01-05-2007, 05:36 AM

Update...

Well after going to the shop today and getting an estimate, looks like everything will be good. Guy was very helpful and understanding, although he does not like Farmers Insurance, sounds like they're dicking him over alot.

Looks like they're going to replace the outer door skin, handle, mirror assembly which will take about 3 days. He's waiting on pricing from the dealer about the soft top, but didn't even question the fact that it happened in the accident. I talked to him before I left about quoting a 02-03 soft top as well and he said he could see what he could do, I would just have to pay the difference.

I have to wait til the 15th now to take it back in and by early next week he's going to get back to me on the soft top issue.

Anyone know the price differences on the 2 tops?? He quoted the 00 top at 1k, which was below what I found online from honda. But I'm thinking if I can have him quote me labor on that as well (which is 2 days)...then I could tell him I have a top and will do the work myself. I could have myself a nice little investment for a hardtop....
Old 01-05-2007, 09:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rich04,Jan 2 2007, 05:58 PM
UPDATE: Theres homeless people in Chicago, oh noez
eh, i've lived in bridgeport/pilsen/wicker park/loq square in the last 2 year. i know. so. how about some Harold's Chicken?
Old 01-17-2007, 12:47 PM

Well I'm picking up my car from the body shop tomorrow after them having fixed the top and drivers side door. Anything I should look for to make sure the work was done well? I assume I should look for color matching, orange peel, and top function...anything else?
Old 01-17-2007, 01:34 PM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Door gaps, window gaps, air leaking around the top/window gaskets.

Make sure the door doesn't creak when opening/closing. Make sure the key locks and keyless work (Try it with the window rolled down) Make sure the speakers in the doors work.

Make sure the emblems are aligned correctly. The S2000 should follow the body line NOT be level to the ground. (If any badges were removed to blend paint to adjacent panels.)

I would also take the car for an alignement after you get it back. This will likely be at your expense, but it's worth the piece of mind. If the alignement shop can't get it right, then there is pobably a bent control arm (which can happen from relatively light contact to the wheel, either by the car or by being pushed into the curb.) It's important to do this right away so you can quickly go back to get it covered by the same claim.

I would also check for any overspray of the paint. Into the interior, door jambs, etc.
Old 01-17-2007, 01:38 PM

[QUOTE=ruexp67,Jan 17 2007, 04:34 PM] Door gaps, window gaps, air leaking around the top/window gaskets.

Make sure the door doesn't creak when opening/closing.