Upper Mid-West S2000 Owners Members from the upper mid-west including Michigan, Illinios, Indiana, and Wisconsin

Western Michigan Honda meet

Old 06-24-2008, 08:20 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Western Michigan Honda meet

WMHM.org

Anyone else going? I see 6 S2000's (including myself) signed up. Beginner spots are full. But there are usually some guys with broke-ass civics selling their spots on Honda-tech last minute because their car took a dump.

This is usually a fun event. Very laid back. This is the first year they are doing 2 days - and it's $250. Plus you get a t-shirt!

Who are the other 5 S2K's signed up? If the 2 paid and registered Beginner guys are on here - I'm not the greatest at Gingerman, but I can give you rides if you want a feel of another S2000 (the only RWD instructor is in a 240sx). If the guy in Intermediate II is on here - did we meet there last year? And for the other advanced guys - PAY UP!

Old 06-24-2008, 12:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seems like a good price!
Old 06-24-2008, 03:37 PM

it is. my buddies put on this event. been a favorite for many the last couple of years. im goin to try and make it out there from washington, but not with the ride.
Old 06-24-2008, 07:46 PM
Former Sponsor

I'll be there...not sure how much I'll be running though due to the fact that we've got a Time Attack event the following weekend in Nashville.

Should be a ton of fun though!!
Old 06-24-2008, 11:51 PM

it says there is a waiting list now...on the top of the regestration form ...is that true or??
Old 06-25-2008, 11:42 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by estuki,Jun 25 2008, 01:51 AM
it says there is a waiting list now...on the top of the regestration form ...is that true or??
Not sure. I know beginner spots filled some time ago...all the beginners that were "unpaid" got moved to the bottom as "cancelled". I don't know if they're on a waiting list or not.

Etsuki - you've done track events before right? Depending on what you've done, you may consider Intermediate I. A buddy of mine is doing one of the test and tunes at Gingerman tomorrow. Between that, his recent trip to autobahn, his autocross experience, and his really fast car, I would consider him intermediate. I don't know what your track experience is, but I know you've got a bit of autocross in you, which definitely helps. I am definitely not recommending putting yourself in a class that you wouldn't feel safe or comfortable in. But it would be cool to see you out there.
Old 06-25-2008, 11:44 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by Spr2,Jun 24 2008, 02:29 PM
Seems like a good price!
Last time I went to Gingerman, there was a CR there that was putting down impressive times for his first track event. It would be great if you could make it out. I'm sure all the honda fan-boys (myself included) would love it...and I'm sure all the haters...well...
Old 06-25-2008, 11:45 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by GT Motoring DC5,Jun 24 2008, 09:46 PM
I'll be there...not sure how much I'll be running though due to the fact that we've got a Time Attack event the following weekend in Nashville.

Should be a ton of fun though!!
Mike - you camping or hotel? I haven't decided yet but I'm leaning toward camping.
Old 06-25-2008, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by patinum,Jun 25 2008, 02:44 PM
Last time I went to Gingerman, there was a CR there that was putting down impressive times for his first track event. It would be great if you could make it out. I'm sure all the honda fan-boys (myself included) would love it...and I'm sure all the haters...well...
LOL I'll do my best to make it Don't want to disappoint the haters!
Old 06-25-2008, 11:51 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by Spr2,Jun 25 2008, 01:49 PM
LOL I'll do my best to make it Don't want to disappoint the haters!
Just looked further at your sig. NSX too? Either one is welcome There was one NSX there last year. Blue. It wasn't you was it?

Quick Reply: Western Michigan Honda meet