Upper Mid-West S2000 Owners Members from the upper mid-west including Michigan, Illinios, Indiana, and Wisconsin

WEKSOS & FATLACE PRESENTS: WEKFEST CHICAGO 8.20.11

Old 07-10-2011, 12:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WEKSOS & FATLACE PRESENTS: WEKFEST CHICAGO 8.20.11

We are coming to Chicago for our second stop on the WEKFEST Tour 2011 presented by WEKSOS and FATLACE! Come experience what is arguably the best car culture event in the U.S. The finest builds from all over the midwest will be on display. We are not like the big corporate shows of the past, each car is carefully handpicked. With WEKFEST we want to make sure that car culture is properly represented through the cars we showcase, event production, and taking care of our community. By maintaining a high level of integrity we are showing the world that it is not “just a car” and WEKFEST is not just a show.

Registration info: http://wekfest.weaksauceparts.com/wekfest/?page_id=7

Old 07-11-2011, 02:24 PM

I will be there.
Old 07-14-2011, 08:34 AM

I'm certainly looking to attend. For those in the Chicago area, anyone recommend a hotel to stay at or spots to hit while in town? Any s2k guys out there want to have a mini-meet that weekend? I'm from southern Ohio so if I come I'll prolly be posted up in Chicago for the weekend!
Old 07-16-2011, 10:49 AM

I'll be there
Old 07-21-2011, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by vertwhore
I'm certainly looking to attend. For those in the Chicago area, anyone recommend a hotel to stay at or spots to hit while in town? Any s2k guys out there want to have a mini-meet that weekend? I'm from southern Ohio so if I come I'll prolly be posted up in Chicago for the weekend!
I have been in contact with a few other out of towners that may be coming to this, I will see what I can do to maybe get a discount on some hotel rooms, or seeing if some of us can host. I know I can host 2 ppl and a friend has agreed to host 1 or 2. We should be able to set up a meet no problem. As time gets closer I or someone will post a thread with more details.
Old 07-24-2011, 02:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a friend flying in from NM and we are planning to attend, I would like to get some hotel info as well. Thanks
Old 07-26-2011, 01:55 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Unfortunately there aren't a lot of hotel options immediately near the convention center, but there is a variety of public transportation options to get from the Loop and River North areas of Chicago down to McCormick Place. Every now and then, the Embassy Suites on State Street near Ohio Street has good prices, and although it's a bit further, I can personally recommend the Chicago Metro Crowne Plaza in Greektown on Halsted Street. I might be able to get a special rate at the latter, too, as I was in charge of hosting a convention of ~200 people there this past February and got to know a number of the sales staff pretty well.
Old 08-02-2011, 03:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Coming up. Who's all going? I will be driving down from MN and should be arriving Friday Morning. We are staying at the congress.

Where to wash the S when it gets there? can anyone help me out? Hand wash only.
Old 08-02-2011, 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by Vi3tBoy
Coming up. Who's all going? I will be driving down from MN and should be arriving Friday Morning. We are staying at the congress.

Where to wash the S when it gets there? can anyone help me out? Hand wash only.
We should be having a weekly friday meet that day. If you want to, you can stop by my place before hand and I'll help you wash it. I'm in the North suburbs right off of the 294 highway.
Old 08-02-2011, 12:47 PM

Anyone in the Milwaukee area want to roady? What time is everyone looking on getting there?

Quick Reply: WEKSOS & FATLACE PRESENTS: WEKFEST CHICAGO 8.20.11