Upper Mid-West S2000 Owners Members from the upper mid-west including Michigan, Illinios, Indiana, and Wisconsin

UMW Tech Day! Come on Out!

Old 03-01-2015, 05:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UMW Tech Day! Come on Out!

Let's fire up the cars in winter storage and re-add the insurance and come out for some S2000 tech day! It might be cold and it might snow but we all have work we want to do to our cars. Why not do it with the help of our awesome S2Ki Chicago community? This is officially unofficial sponsored #TTR tech day event.

Last year was freezing so let's hope this is better!

When: Saturday April 4th 9am start
Where: My House. Elmhurst IL. Close to 294/290 intersection (Address to be PM'ed later)
What: S2000 Tech Day. Come Hang out. Drink Beer. Eat Food. Don't destroy my garage.

FAQ
"Chris, what can I do at this tech day?"
If you want to do work to your car please keep it to shorter projects. At the last "official" tech day we have day long projects taking up the garage. If you want to change fluids, install an exhaust or put an intake on your car that's perfectly fine! What I don't want is 6 hr + soft top swaps or SC installs

"Chris, do you have tools I can use?"
Of course! I also have spent a lot of time/money acquiring said tools. You're more then welcome to use them, just put them back when your done and don't let them walk off.

"Chris, what should I bring?"
Good question! Beer (if your 21+) pop if your not. Folding chairs to sit down. Food to grill! If no one brings food were ordering pizza and were all putting $5 in.

"Chris, can I change my diff/trans/oil/brake/blinker fluid at the tech day?"
Sure! But I'm going to enforce a strict box on the ground when dealing with any fluid changes. I know everyone has the best intentions and no one is acting malicious but we had a lot of drippage at the last tech day. Please be considerate at this one. Also...bring your own fluids!

Chris, can I bring my awesome 87 Pathfinder and change the oil?
I'd like to keep this to an S2000 event. If we don't have enough to do, sure we can eventually work on your old hooptie. But I don't think that were going to have a lack of stuff. You're more then welcome to show up in your sweet 87 pathfinder though!

And in closing...

z_speed, on 12 March 2013 - 09:58 AM, said:
first come first serve. if you get there at 5, don't expect the car to be done. we'll most likely be tanked by then to even walk.
Brian is organizing a deliscious lunch from our favorite food truck, Toasty Cheese. Pre-order needed. Delivery included.
Menu here -> Menu

So lets sign up! 2 lists, one for work the other for people just showing up to hang out.

Phong has gracisiouly decided to do Valve Adjustments for the UMW again. I'm sure he will take tips in beer or full frontal nudity.
Note on VA's: Your car needs at least 2 hours to cool down before it can be done and it will take up to an hour per car. I'm going to make a list for 5 cars.

Valve Adjustment
1. Chris
2. Bill
3. Emily
4. Jinno
5. Proracer07

Stand by for VA:

1. JR
2. Tofu

Work to Do
1. Tofu - Fluids
2. Rafal - Fluids and stuff
3. blackfx35 - Oil change and install right front fender liner
4. Proracer07- Fluids

Stopping By
A1. Barrera - Making up my own numbering schemes. Also, supervising Z who will be watching Harry supervising Chris with some sort of alcoholic beverage in hand.
1. Chris - Supervising
2. Harry - Supervising Chris
3. Cezar - watching Harry supervising Chris with some sort of alcoholic beverage in hand.
4. Jesus- I'll be needing supervision
5. Kai -
6. Nick - Definitely going to come through again, had a good time hanging out last time. I'll likely bring some brews like last time, too, because you live near a liquor store with a really great selection. lol
7. Phil - I'll come by and talk shop.
8. Jibarito - Drinking Beers
9. Alex - I work that night, but I may get up early & stop by to see how little has gotten done for the day.
10. Andy - (Tentative)
11. TrkStar
12. Casey/knowledgeispower - I hope to get a ride in Rosey
13. CRS_ONE

Gimme Dat Cheese List:

1.) Barrera
2.) Chris
3.) Niki
4.) Phong
5.) Phil
Old 03-01-2015, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by ChrisM623
Let's fire up the cars in winter storage and re-add the insurance and come out for some S2000 tech day! It might be cold and it might snow but we all have work we want to do to our cars. Why not do it with the help of our awesome S2Ki Chicago community? This is officially unofficial sponsored #TTR tech day event.

Last year was freezing so let's hope this is better!

When: Saturday April 4th 9am start
Where: My House. Elmhurst IL. Close to 294/290 intersection (Address to be PM'ed later)
What: S2000 Tech Day. Come Hang out. Drink Beer. Eat Food. Don't destroy my garage.

FAQ
"Chris, what can I do at this tech day?"
If you want to do work to your car please keep it to shorter projects. At the last "official" tech day we have day long projects taking up the garage. If you want to change fluids, install an exhaust or put an intake on your car that's perfectly fine! What I don't want is 6 hr + soft top swaps or SC installs

"Chris, do you have tools I can use?"
Of course! I also have spent a lot of time/money acquiring said tools. You're more then welcome to use them, just put them back when your done and don't let them walk off.

"Chris, what should I bring?"
Good question! Beer (if your 21+) pop if your not. Folding chairs to sit down. Food to grill! If no one brings food were ordering pizza and were all putting $5 in.

"Chris, can I change my diff/trans/oil/brake/blinker fluid at the tech day?"
Sure! But I'm going to enforce a strict box on the ground when dealing with any fluid changes. I know everyone has the best intentions and no one is acting malicious but we had a lot of drippage at the last tech day. Please be considerate at this one. Also...bring your own fluids!

Chris, can I bring my awesome 87 Pathfinder and change the oil?
I'd like to keep this to an S2000 event. If we don't have enough to do, sure we can eventually work on your old hooptie. But I don't think that were going to have a lack of stuff. You're more then welcome to show up in your sweet 87 pathfinder though!

And in closing...

z_speed, on 12 March 2013 - 09:58 AM, said:
first come first serve. if you get there at 5, don't expect the car to be done. we'll most likely be tanked by then to even walk.
So lets sign up! 2 lists, one for work the other for people just showing up to hang out.

Work to Do

Stopping By
Chris - Supervising

Woah woah woah... Slow down here. Do you have beef with pathy? Because I'm pretty sure it will murder you.
Old 03-01-2015, 07:04 PM

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

o lets sign up! 2 lists, one for work the other for people just showing up to hang out.

Work to Do
1. Edit: VA.

Stopping By
Chris - Supervising
Old 03-02-2015, 04:46 AM

Work to Do
1. Tofuproductions
2. Bill-valve adjustment

Stopping By
1. Chris - Supervising
Old 03-02-2015, 05:19 AM

Work to Do
1. Tofuproductions
2. Bill-valve adjustment

Stopping By
1. Chris - Supervising
3. Cezar - watching Harry supervising Chris with some sort of alcoholic beverage in hand.
Old 03-02-2015, 06:03 AM

That's Easter weekend. We won't be able to make it
Old 03-02-2015, 06:47 AM

Work to Do
1. Tofuproductions
2. Bill-valve adjustment

Stopping By
1. Chris - Supervising
Old 03-02-2015, 09:28 AM

Work to Do
1. Tofuproductions
2. Bill-valve adjustment

Stopping By
1. Chris - Supervising
5. Kai -
Old 03-02-2015, 09:47 AM

btw, i forgot to mention i also have VA feelers and tool. I can assist with VAs if need be.
Old 03-02-2015, 09:47 AM

Work to Do
1. Tofuproductions
2. Bill-valve adjustment

Stopping By
A1. Barrera - Making up my own numbering schemes. Also, supervising Z who will be watching Harry supervising Chris with some sort of alcoholic beverage in hand.
1. Chris - Supervising
5. Kai -

Quick Reply: UMW Tech Day! Come on Out!